Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordEquimanthorn

I need some help...?

I was wondering? It has been a while since I have mapped. Other than deutex36/deu (which I no longer have) what is a good program (that will run under winXP) to create a multiple level wad? In other words I have forgotton how to create a batch of levels under one "wad" name. I know this might be a dumb ass question but it would really help me out if I could get some pointers!
Thankx
Lord Equimanthorn

Use Wintex. There is a 'Join PWADS' button that is easy to use. Just make sure your maps are saved as Map02, Map03 etc.

Hmm? WinTex is giving me this error that says I need this file called VBRUN300.dll ? The help file says this is a visual bacis 3 file, and that I can get it from microsoft but I am having trouble finding it? Any one have a clue?

Relica Religia said:

Ever heard of Google?

I think he has heard of Google before, but maybe he thought the actual program was missing something or wasn't compatible in WindowsXP.

I know that Doom Builder has the ability to save a level "into" a wad. That could also be something to look into.

Thankx for all of you help people, glad to see a strong doom community! :)
But late last night I ran across my copy of deutex36 and it works! So I will just continue to use it, thats what Im used to any ways...
Oh and yes, I have heard of google (never new it found .dll files though) so I will look around abit. It was like 1998 the last time I did this kinda stuff, Im a rusty. :P

DeuTex...? It's still pretty useful nowadays for many tasks, and has been updated after 1998.

Deutex and Deu were sweet programs back in 1995/96! I used them for many a year, they were effective and easy to use!
Im sure wintex is really cool too, I just have to get it to work...

yeah, i still used deutex for a couple of things the whole time I was mapping, some stuff wintex just didn't do so well. Of course it's so long ago now I don't remember *what* exactly. :)

DeuTex is still a very useful tool, especially if you have to handle large amounts of textures.

Its only real disadvantage is that it can't handle Hexen-format maps.