Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Foreverhood Updates

I'm a bit late on this one, but no matter. Brian "Skadoomer" Goodsell sent word that the site for his doom project Foreverhood has been updated with a few screenshots that "show off the prefab mushroom constructions which populate part of (my) map." He also appears to be looking for help in the scripting and textures department, so if you want to lend a hand to this slightly eccentric project, drop him a line.

Hopefully Foreverhood doesn't run into the problem I often have. Too Many damn floating mid textures.

For level detailing them along with custom sprites are the most useful things around. Yet to do so many interesting 3d things it takes massive ammounts of floating mid textures, and thusly alot of processing power. Hopefully the level doesn't hang.

i beleave the framerate for these shots was between 48-56 on my PIII 750 mhz system with 256 megs of ram. Not too terrible.

Floating mid textures (in this case) really don't do too much to slow the game down. Because they operate in a circle, only half of them are in view at any given time. The map's construction also lends it's-self to this situation because its quite large, so things come in and out of view. All in all it should be a unique expierence.

This is the first time I've heard about this project, and I must say it looks and sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to it.

skadoomer said:

Floating mid textures (in this case) really don't do too much to slow the game down. Because they operate in a circle, only half of them are in view at any given time.

I don't think this is how floating midtextures work is it? I thought that unless they were blocked by a 1s wall then the engine would have to draw them?

Edit: Whoops, posted under my brother's account at his appartment. You can change this message to be posted under "Scuba Steve" mods :P

Ideally, I'd love to just contract it to a talented and enthusiastic mind, but I haven't ever seen a doom map that bears a resemblance to anything I've done.

B.P.R.D.

In some ways this reminds me of a wad I made a few years ago. But this is more psychadelic or some fancy word like that.

Scuba Steve said:

B.P.R.D.

Never herd of it, but it looks interesting. I'll read it when i'm done with Sam Keiths "Scratch".

skadoomer said:

Never herd of it, but it looks interesting. I'll read it when i'm done with Sam Keiths "Scratch".

Read? B.P.R.D. is someone on these forums who has made such wads as Equinox and Grove, as well as the infamous "Nuts" series (tho that series has little application here).

Mancubus II said:

Read? B.P.R.D. is someone on these forums who has made such wads as Equinox and Grove, as well as the infamous "Nuts" series (tho that series has little application here).

its also appearnetly a comic, which ironically enough looks pretty similair to parts of my concept.

skadoomer said:

its also appearnetly a comic, which ironically enough looks pretty similair to parts of my concept.

Ah, crazy.

skadoomer said:

you mean American McGee's concept ;)

This is pretty tripped out looking. Reminds of the Adventure game Neverhood, without the clay. Are you looking for original compositions of music? I have something lying around that looks like it would suit this.