Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pika132

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Which is worse?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• Bumping an old-ass topic, even if you have a relevant post
    • Making a new topic when one on the same subject already exists, even if it`s ridiculously old
    • Equally bad
    • I don`t know
    • Not using your brain (if any) to decide what is best for each particluar case

I've never posted a poll before so sorry if this gets fucked up in the translation from my brain to the computer.

EDIT: It didn't. And for those of you who are going to say "who the fuck cares"... I DO!

i think bumping is funny cuz u someone had to have been browsing FAR back and shit

Usually, highly relevant posts that actually contribute something SUBSTANTIAL to a topic will be tolerated, even if the topic is over a year old.

I don't see an option for "no matter what you do, some high-and-mighty shithead will have a problem, so do whatever the hell you feel like".

I also don't see an option for "people claim they don't like saying the same bullshit over and over again, but if they did any kind of self-reflection, they'd realize they've been doing exactly that for most of their lives".

I hate it when people complain about making new topics when one already exists. People should be able to start a new topic whenever they feel like it (as long as they're not flooding). It isn't exactly pleasant to read multiple conversations crammed into one thread.

Creating a new thread when existing threads cover the same subject is fine... so long as there's actually something new to discuss.

I mean, the fact that much of Doom 1 & 2's music is based on music by Slayer, Alice in Chains, etc has been brought up some many times in the past, that it's virtually impossible to say anything on the subject that hasn't already been said.

In fact, I would be in a favour of a stickied "frequently discussed topics" thread or threads.

both are fine, assuming your bump post contains something actually useful to the thread and not 'omg lol this thread is funny'. starting a new thread is fine as well.

anything older than say, three months though, it's probably better to start a new thread, otherwise we'd have the same gigantic 'what is your favorite monster/weapon/editor/source port/suppository' thread with 3000 posts, and really, who wants to look through all that?

Speaking of new topics, I just foudn out if you reverse the sound of the boss in Doom 2, he says "To win th game you must kill me, John Romero!!!" I also found a picture of some guy's head behind the wall!!

ravage said:

"damned if I do, Damned if I don't but I love you!"

That's just what I was thinking of. Man, Alan Parsons is cool.