Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacknife

Pariah

Theres a new game coming out from the creators of unreal called pariah. Head over to pariahgame.com to check out the trailor, I don't think its on television yet.
It looks to me like this game is going to rock, but I don't know about better than Doom3 ROE.
Anyway, the trailor says its the next generation of first person shooters. What do you think?http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/pariah/574389p1.html?fromint=1
Link to an article.

Every company says their game is the next big thing in it's genre. Example: Halo 2, and it sucks.

I dunno, unless the game developers had mental disabilities or an extreme ego then they probably wouldn't claim something like that without really being able to back it up, after halo2 and halflife2 and doom3 took center stage in the gaming world.
On an unrelated note, I don't think I've seen any screenshots for ROE. Are there any out there right now?

Jacknife said:

...they probably wouldn't claim something like that without really being able to back it up....

Are you new to computer games or something?

For real, what the hell? This is the most over-hyped load of bullshit ever crammed into one industry, man.

DC

Jacknife said:

unless the game developers had mental disabilities or an extreme ego then they probably wouldn't claim something like that without really being able to back it up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

seriously though, I am totally sick of getting excited over new games because they look better than old games. This is not new, a FPS in 2005 is obviously going to look better than a FPS in 2004. But will the game itself be any better? Who knows, probably not.

Linguica said:

<h1>HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH</h1>seriously though, I am totally sick of getting excited over new games because they look better than old games. This is not new, a FPS in 2005 is obviously going to look better than a FPS in 2004. But will the game itself be any better? Who knows, probably not.

So it's okay to have this attitude now, but it's not okay to have this attitude from 5 years ago until now.

AndrewB said:

So it's okay to have this attitude now, but it's not okay to have this attitude from 5 years ago until now.

No it's just not OK to be AndrewB

AndrewB said:

Well, I'd say in the years after Quake 1, the general public was impressed by anything 3D. The genre was young and hardware acceleration was still growing-- and so any game that featured it was praised to some extent. But in contrast... 2D games around that time were hitting their peak. You could say that we have the same expectations of 3D now than we did of 2D then.

Whoops, now I've done it. I've gone and made the thread serious.

Pariah looks straight out boring. I'm looking forward to S T A L K E R myself.

This game is just another piece of eye candy. I doubt it will be any better than the other fps out there.

niguel said:

the game industry is flooding with first person shooters... where the fuck are good rpgs?

Quest for the 4 Orbs, coming soon

Oh, and everyone else is right. There's no way this game will be any better than Doom3 or Half Life 2, not even visually in my opinion.

Darkhaven said:

Quest for the 4 Orbs, coming soon

i just did a google search for that name and i got NOTHING

Goat said:

i just did a google search for that name and i got NOTHING

Maybe he was making fun of all the Final Fantasy rehashes (weren't teh first 4 about restoring four elemental orbs, or just 1, 2, and 4?)

niguel said:

the game industry is flooding with first person shooters... where the fuck are good rpgs?

the single-player CRPG genre is dying or crippled or dead. it's not profitable anymore; it was only barely so at the height of its popularity.

bethesda will probably continue to release a good rpg every half a decade, but if you're a sad, dejected black isle studios fan as I am, then take good care of your baldur's gate, fallout, and planescape discs. you're not going to see any more games like that for a long time.