Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

DOOM - Knee deep in the dice

I've been trying buy this I but I can't find it anywhere except the net. Is there a shop in the UK that sells it? I don't care where it is because if it's one of those massive stores I can proberly have one posted to me.

Revenant100 said:

Wow, the miniatures look cool.

The miniatures do indeed look very cool. I don't suppose we are ever likely to see a "classic" miniature pack for it. :(

Enjay said:

The miniatures do indeed look very cool. I don't suppose we are ever likely to see a "classic" miniature pack for it. :(

feh, out with the old, in with the new.

Enjay said:

I don't suppose we are ever likely to see a "classic" miniature pack for it. :(

I wonder if the old pewter figurines will work wiht the game...

Enjay said:
I don't suppose we are ever likely to see a "classic" miniature pack for it. :(

The Reaper miniatures are cool enough. Plus it's not like we'll want to play this boardgame at our age; classic figures or not...

myk said:

The Reaper miniatures are cool enough. Plus it's not like we'll want to play this boardgame at our age; classic figures or not...

Cool enough, yes. easy to get, no. :(

I'd happily buy the game for a set of figures, so long as it was reasonably priced. Whether I'd actually play it or not is another matter.

Website says it's $49.95. I'm gonna buy it so I can paint the damn things for Warhammer40K and use them for Chaos. Better than spending the alternative $200 for an actual set of soldiers, having to put them together, etc.

Checkout the paint job this guy did on his:

edit by Cyb: image leeching is rude as hell, and you should care what I say

He did a pretty damn good job. If you want to check out his advice on painting them, there's the website. He says he takes comissions (aka he'll paint them for you) so to contact him. Obviously by the web address he lives in the UK though, so unless you're over there, shipping would be a bitch.

(BTW the paints he names are all Warhammer40K/Citadel model paints)

oh wow drybrushing amazing

edit: not only is posting a shitload of images really fucking annoying for dial up users, but you are leeching the pictures from the guy's site. You fucking suck.

Now, now... he provided a valuable service for everyone on teh intarweb who don't yet understand what those blue underlined words are for.

Ha mines in the post! I hope I can get warhammer pro to paint mine for around a fiver. If you want one get it from Forbbidon Planet phone up there mail order list and it will get to you in 2 weeks or less. http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/index2.html The'll ship it to anywhere in the world (but the near you are to England the cheaper it is). It's just under £40.00 if your in the UK.

edit: I'm only posting this for people who don't wanna buy it online.

GooberMan said:

I wonder if the old pewter figurines will work wiht the game...

I believe the plastic figures included with the game are the same size or larger than their pewter counterparts. But other than that it shouldnt make a difference.

Well I bought the board game this last Friday night.

There's a couple of the Pinky Demons that I was working on. Sorry, my webcam sucks, but my digital cam focuses in on the background all the time instead of the foreground, so it sucks as well. Anyway, I have all six done minus the bases. A cyberdemon, all the Arch Viles, and a few Trites have been started on as well.

The one on the left I used Mithril Silver on it's hind legs and the one on the right I used a mix of Chaos Black and Mithril Silver which made a better, darker looking metal.

My miniature painting skills aren't that strong. I've only painted a couple of Dark Eldar soldiers and they sucked badly. And yes, this is my webspace I'm linking to.

I find that the miniture's are quite mediocre, and lack a certain essence of the games characters. Id should have gone with action figures. even if it's not Mc Farlane.