Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

MM map 12 UV Tyson Reality (TAS)

Hello all,

I watched Adrian "RamboBones" Danis' great run through Doom 2 again, and decided to do another reality run, this time in my favourite megaWAD. This was made purely for entertainment purposes, so there's some daring play here.

MM map 12 UV Tyson Reality in 4:06. Lots of comments in the .txt, too lazy to copy & paste here. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, of course it's tool-assisted (just to be absolutely clear). Recorded in Budko's PrBoom 2.2.4. with doom2.exe compatibility.

What a blast to watch. I love that map too.

Tyson is damn hard on that one.

Nice job, great run. I'd say it was worth all the build time.

Searcher said:
What a blast to watch. I love that map too.

WHA!? You like it too!? And I thought I was the only one... :-)))

Nice job, great run. I'd say it was worth all the build time.

...All 1½ hours of it! ;-)

I'm glad you like the map and the demo.

BTW, the demo hangs my doom2.exe for some unknown reason. I hope it's just a problem on my end...

I ran it with prboom so won't be any help on that. I will try it later with doom2 exe and see how that goes. Will post back If I have a problem.

I love both the MM megawads. To me that is classic dooming. No unneeded detail, just enough, and great gameplay.

A couple of my own levels were inspired by MM maps. Map 5 must be my favorite right now but that changes. It inspired my BAY map.

unfortunately, it crashes doom2.exe (at least on my computer)
It is early in the demo when you punch the shotgunner who is lowered on the platform. I assume it is a compatibility flag for infinite heights or something...
I bet you could convert the demo to text with lmpc and back to binary; and it would work.
great demo!

Sadly, it does consistently crash doom2.exe.. :-( Through LMPC, I found out that game tic #1163 (at 33.22 seconds) is what causes it; the movement is GF16 TL1. When changed to GF15 TL1, the game doesn't crash but the demo goes out of sync. I played around a bit with movement in the surrounding tics, but either doom2.exe crashed, or the demo went out of sync. Doug's suggestion (converting back and forth with LMPC) didn't work, either... A pity. Thanks for the investigative work, guys! I've changed the .txt slightly to reflect this discovery...