Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

This cartoon ruined my day.

It's fake of course, but nonetheless...
Some guy posted this in another forum I visit as part of a joke thread. The original intention was apparently to evoke laughter, but instead it made me a little depressed. Maybe it's my longtime obsession with Calvin & Hobbes... eh.

See for yourself.

Yay they fixed his delusions with mind altering drugs. Now he'll be able to make something of his life.

Numbermind said:

It's fake of course, but nonetheless...
Some guy posted this in another forum I visit as part of a joke thread. The original intention was apparently to evoke laughter, but instead it made me a little depressed. Maybe it's my longtime obsession with Calvin & Hobbes... eh.

See for yourself.

Get off the Something Awful forums you crazy Dingo!

chilvence said:

Yay they destroyed his imagination with mind altering drugs. Now they'll be able to quantify his life.

Fixed.

darknation said:

I once read an article suggesting that calvin grew up to be the narrator in Fight Club...

You know, that makes perfect sense.

omg his pencil dissapears and reappears between frames. And the writing in the first frame mysteriously vanishes. :0

Actually that would be a cool way to end the comic, assuming that people thought Hobbes was detrimental to Calvin in some way (And maybe without the pills). It's like a way of showing that Calvin is finally growing up. It's sad to see the loss of innocence of the young, but it's something that we all must go through and learn to go on. :(

And where did his goddamn pencil go?

i thought it was rather good. ok maybe not i have seen better.

i guess i am not alone in hating those calvin pissing on something stickers. good god, i can think of few things that are more over used than those.

I'm not sure that this comic is so much funny as a serious introspective on the state of Medicating children.

Honestly, I believe that medicating children is (more often than not) terribly damaging to their development and psyche. Rather than address the major issues that are part of the Attention Disorder, problems like increased parent workload resulting in less time to read/play with their children or a society that is built around the concept of short attention spans, drugs are the "quick fix".

Whether the author's intent to be as insightful as I see it, I like this comic if for no other reason than to be a sad condeming comic about the attitudes of so many people in our culture today. What a way to make a statement than to take the most creative and loveable comic character from our childhoods, and strip out everything that made him unique.

I would have taken calvin and had a giant cock with the word "Glaxo-Smith-Kline" tatooed on it raping him in the ass while they threw Hobbes into a deep, dark, bottomless pit that echoes with the screeching and screaming of the eternally damned.

Of course, I've never been subtle.

Scuba Steve said:

Honestly, I believe that medicating children is (more often than not) terribly damaging to their development and psyche.

Yeah that drives me nuts, especially since there's no proper way that everyone agrees with to measure 'attention'.

Psyonisis said:

Those stickers were made without the cartoonist's permission. In fact, as far as I know, all Calvin & Hobbes merchandise is bootlegged (except for the books).

The only other official merchandice ever made of Calvin and Hobbes, besides the Books, is several Calvin and Hobbes Calendars.

.. That's just.... not right.

reading that felt sorta like getting stabbed. Hey, everyone? If you really like Cavlin and Hobbes, I suggest you give Ozy and Millie a look. It's heavily influenced by good ol' C&H.

http://www.ozyandmillie.org

Now go and read it every day and be just like me.

Submerge said:

reading that felt sorta like getting stabbed. Hey, everyone? If you really like Cavlin and Hobbes, I suggest you give Ozy and Millie a look. It's heavily influenced by good ol' C&H.

DarkJedi188 said:

Damn, what a rude and antisocial kid.
And us gamers actually get compared to the likes of him?
Pfffft, I'm disgusted.

You fucking philistines.

Submerge said:

Woah, i'm not the only one.