Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Schneelocke

Compet-N activity

Good old Xit.

I watched that one all the way through, without fast forwarding(!). These long Tysons are definitely an acquired taste though. BTW, there's an exciting bit 45 minutes in. And the end is kind of funny - such a long demo, yet such a close finish.

I hardly think it's worth getting excited about 2 demos. And especially the et25 is not worth watching anyways. But it would be good to see people start making demos for c-n again, and perhaps an update would be nice too.

xit-vono said:

I hardly think it's worth getting excited about 2 demos. And especially the et25 is not worth watching anyways. But it would be good to see people start making demos for c-n again, and perhaps an update would be nice too.

Well, these days, two new demos on Compet-N *is* something to get excited about. ^_~

Well I have a couple more demos in there for you. An et10 and an et04. Both of those demos I thought beforehand would be difficult but afterwards they don't seem so hard. Well I shall let you judge for yourselves.

xit-vono said:

et04

In the textfile, you wrote: "I didn't check that all monsters are dead but I can't believe that there was anything that I forgot." If it sets your mind at rest, there are zero alive monsters counted by prboom 2.2.6 at the end.

Well indeed thanks for checking. I was pretty sure when I uploaded it that it would be complete but of course it's nice to know for sure.

i just put a bit of a comeback in incoming...first demo i've made for six months or so, p1m3-050. six seconds improvement on Vince.

I'm hoping so. If there isn't an update by then I might ask him if I can have the website, I might find more time than him to do updates...

that would be a great idea ...

note that incoming has exceeded its quota since Sunday ... 4 files are corrupted... Bahdko mailed AdamH but nothing happens...

I was wondering about that. I figured it was just an incorrect upload... (the a's and b's seemed to indicate several tries to upload the same .zip?)

yes, I tried to upload couple times thinking it was connection error on my side ... but the disk quota exceeded and I still have a bunch of demos to upload.

You could upload them to the SDA ftp incoming... with an accompanying email to Adam.
(If I create subdirectories, anonymous users don't have write permission.)
just an idea.

Does /incoming/dang/misc count against the same quota? If yes, that one should probably be flushed out - it contains almost 100 megs of unrelated crap.

Yeah, WTF!? .mp3's (But hey, I see it's Vangelis, so whoever uploaded it has good taste. :-D) and whatnot... Damn. Looks like a backup of a /crap folder on a HDD.

Ryback has admin rights on the pdang folder. He should delete some of that stuff. I'll email him...

Hmm, /dang/misc is a little messy, isn't it? I don't know who puts all that stuff in there.

Anyway, deleted about forty megs of it, and I was able to upload Xit's demo back into /1level, so I guess the COMPET-N directories should be working too.

It is the same problem since we tried to upload the coop demos from your house. Bahdko mailed Adam but he doesnt do anything.

Still have a bunch of coop demos to upload.

Since I haven't seen any bad demos besides the ones uploaded from my house I wonder if it's Bahdko banning my ip or something. Anyways go ahead and upload demos and see if anyone else has problems.