Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
impClaw

i need help with zdoom

General tip of advice: If you want to become a moderator at any decent forum, typing the subject of your threads in full caps never helps towards obtaining that goal.

sure[feeling pretty embarased], anyway i've fixed the problem by reinstalling zdoom like 40 times (took my 2 hours), so i wont need any more help, although it would be nice with a explanation of the error

I have that problem sometimes with Zdoom and Doom95. I don't know what causes it, but when I restart the program it's gone.

Also when I press the "print screen" button on my keybord to make screenshots and open it up in a paint program the colors look messed up just like it.

weird...

m0l0t0v said:

I have that problem sometimes with Zdoom and Doom95. I don't know what causes it, but when I restart the program it's gone.

Also when I press the "print screen" button on my keybord to make screenshots and open it up in a paint program the colors look messed up just like it.

weird...

Thats because opening a .pcx as a .bmp is a no-no

insertwackynamehere said:

Erm no, it's the color pallete being lost in the capture as the screen is in an exclusive 8-bit color mode.

insertwackynamehere said:

HELLO? ZDoom saves screenshots in PNG format. Besides, he said he pushed PRINT SCREEN and then pasted the results into Paint. This gives an entirely different result than trying to open a PNG with Paint.

Bloodshedder said:

This gives an entirely different result than trying to open a PNG with Paint.

Which you can do anyways without problems... In XP and 2000 at least.

The Diamond Speedstar video card is known to have all sorts of pallete problems in any 8-bit color app or game, just find and grab that card.

I've been getting a similar problem to Impclaw with ZDoom. Any idea how to fix it? The problem occurs on my brother's PC. His friend has a separate log in and it's only under this log in when it happens. Sometimes the problem occurs straight away and sometimes it's part way through a level. Changing the video mode fixes it temporarily but often the problem returns. I've played Doom95/ZDoom on 2 other PCs without problem.

Try going into Zdoom's options and toggling "DirectDraw Pallete Hack". I've actually had this same problem at one point with shitty forcewares in win2k.

The last time I ever had the palette screw up in ZDoom for me was when I tried using -file to open Rise of the Triad's DARKWAR.WAD file (just to find out what havoc it would wreak with the engine).

the first line of impClaw's sig says:
-My biggers wich is to become a moderator at doomworld...

English isn't your first language, is it? At any rate, you might change "biggers wich" to "biggest wish".