Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Manc

Something You May Recall

The Reca|| To He|| mod team has added a new modelling section showing off two new models. The first one is the untextured "Blauhörnchen" (working title), which you may recognize as the infamous "Birdman" creature from early Doom 3 tech highlights. Theirs is a little different however, which you can see for yourself. The other model is some hefty gravitating forklift thing, also untextured at this time.On a final note they are searching for "an even more fitting and non-german name" for their "Blauhörnchen" character, so if you'd like you can make a suggestion on their forum.

Ok, since I don't even HAVE doom3, how many mods are there that are released, and are in progress? Only ones I know of are Phobos and this one now. Oh, and that dark forces one. Plus HOE, wich was cancelled, and stuff minus things. :P

Blauhörnchen...

With that name I was expecting something small and cute - but not such an ugly motherfucker...

MasterOFDeath said:

Ok, since I don't even HAVE doom3, how many mods are there that are released, and are in progress? Only ones I know of are Phobos and this one now. Oh, and that dark forces one. Plus HOE, wich was cancelled, and stuff minus things. :P

Umm, there's a link to another D3 mod in the news post right below this one... ;)

Others which spring to mind are the Dark Mod, Edge of Chaos, and Classic Doom for Doom 3.

That looks like one of the demons they were showing in some of the early promo videos for D3.

Also, I don't think Doom 3 needs "A Dark Mod," due to the fact that it's already too goddamn dark.

Shaikoten said:

Also, I don't think Doom 3 needs "A Dark Mod," due to the fact that it's already too goddamn dark.

that's fucking WEAK

go play thief gold you unbeliever

NiGHTMARE said:

Others which spring to mind are the Dark Mod, Edge of Chaos, and Classic Doom for Doom 3.

not to mention sapphire scar, which was initially going to be a remake of system shock 2 until EA pissed on it.

Which was the mod where the game takes place in a ghost town, where all the villagers got turned into zombies - I remember the screen shots but not the name...

It was sarcasm and bitterness at D3. Theif is good for you folks who are into that kind of thing. Honestly, I hate stealth. Guns blazing D1/2 style all the way for me.

Shaikoten said:

It was sarcasm and bitterness at D3. Theif is good for you folks who are into that kind of thing. Honestly, I hate stealth. Guns blazing D1/2 style all the way for me.

thief -is- for the hardcore stealth kids, i agree. you're still a philistine.

dethtoll said:

thief -is- for the hardcore stealth kids, i agree. you're still a philistine.

I disagree. I'm not a philistine just because I prefer games of a certain subgenre, or because I think Doom 3 is way too dark. In fact, I think a good SSG bout in Doom 2 is far more intellectual than a monster teleporting behind you in a pitch black room and another one popping out of a closet in a series of pitch black rooms for hours on end.

The mood I seem to get from these forums half the time is "don't state your opinion unless it's like everyone else's or you're a troll." And half the people's solution to trolls? Troll more. Have a little bit of maturity and lighten up; it was a joke mixed with opinion, not a personal attack.

Sign in to follow this