Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lectrix

Doom 3's Birdman Monster

I'm not sure whether this is common knowledge now or not, if it is please delete this unnecessary thread. The birdman monster or the monster shown at the early mac world demo is actually the original hellknight modeled in 3d.

Confirmed in the "making of doom 3" book. Just a bit of knowledge for some who are interested.

I personally thought the original hellknight looked better than the final cut. On that note, I was kinda disappointed with all of the "demons" in doom3, none of them really looked hellish to me. The archvile and revnant are my personal favs. But, they were all to easy. The revnant rockets were very weak, and easy to out maneuver. I took two head on once and lost only 10 percent health. The game was beautiful, especially the lighting, the atmosphere(sound) was top notch, but everything else was mediocre. If I was 15 years old this game would've been the holy grail to me, but nowadays being a young adult, I'm not as easily scared, and I need more of a challenge. I could probably play halfway through doom3 without dying once!! Doom3 is like a virtual haunted house, you walk around a "scary" place and things pop out at you. It felt very much like a ride rather than a game.

They brought back the vulgar and hazmat zombie. I have reason to think the bruiser may be the original barrons model from post alpha times. Its a stretch though. You find that stuff cut from the original release always comes back in the expansion.

I thought so too, but I saw a leaked screeny of the bruiser and.. it's not the original sketch of the hell knight. Looks nothing like it. He's bigger than the hellknight with a computer monitor for a mouth and two chainguns mounted on his arms. Here's the bruiser and the forgotten

*link removed. contains the leaked screenshots from gamebiz - kaiser

There are more new monsters in the expansion than those shown in the screenshots. A re-used birdman model can still be in. Maybe even a spider mastermind, whos knows.

Looking through the Doom 3 alpha def files (Because the Barron was lised in it) The mesh, skin and animation all link back to "bruiser" so mabye. Then again the bruiser is alos included in the leaks def files and its links to bruiser model. Mystery I guess.

honestly, I don't think the hell knight is scary looking at all. Birdman though freaked me out when I first saw it. pinky demon isn't scary lookin either. it just looks like a fat piece of lard with mechanical lags.

btw, does anyone think those robots that help you are cute? I wish I had one.

Skeletor said:

pinky demon isn't scary lookin either. it just looks like a fat piece of lard with mechanical lags.

I have to strongly disagree there, mate. I loved the Pinky's new design. If anything, the Cyberdemon was the only demon in Doom 3 that 'dissapointed' me... but that's just 'cos I don't like his sunburnt skin tone lol

But you're right about the sentry bot thingies- they are quite cute :)

I do like the new pinky. I especially liked it in the alpha because it had some really cool sounds with it (namely the cybernetic sounds).

It does sort of favor an uncircumsised penis (with teeth) though.

The only remotely hellish looking demon ID managed to leave out...

On a side note, please check out the animations of Guild Wars...now THAT is demonic.

DoomUK said:

I have to strongly disagree there, mate. I loved the Pinky's new design. If anything, the Cyberdemon was the only demon in Doom 3 that 'dissapointed' me... but that's just 'cos I don't like his sunburnt skin tone lol

But you're right about the sentry bot thingies- they are quite cute :)

Yah the skin tone is ok in my books. Its the fact he's missing the exposed organs and wide gaping vagina that bothers me.

Technician said:

Yah the skin tone is ok in my books. Its the fact he's missing the exposed organs and wide gaping vagina that bothers me.

what?