Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prime

thoughts concerning a Doom movie...

I think that I'd be correct in saying that I'm definitely not the only one who would love to see a Doom movie...IF it was done well. As far as I know, they've gone through several drafts of the movie but to no avail. I would assume that this is good news because to me this means that the folks at ID are trying to do the best they can with this particular project...even though for now the project is DEAD. However, IF they ever do the movie, and I hope ID reads this, LOSE TODD MCFARLANE AS A COWRITER AND PRODUCER! For christ's sake, if he has ANYTHING to do with this movie, it will show (except in the action figure department. his company HAS to do the fig's, no discussion). You know what movie has a Doom-esque feel to it? Event Horizon. Dark, ominous, mysterious, gritty, demented, etc, etc. Sure there were some plot and dialogue problems, but there are definitely some elements that just feel doom-ish. Of course, I'd have Elfman do the movie score and ILM do the special effects. Dammit guys, do you know how awesome those demons would look if they had a 'Stan Winston's Creature Shop' make-over?

A GOOD Doom movie would be almost impossible, and i dont care if GOD makes it, she cant please us all no matter how good it actually is. either harcore doom fans or movie goers or movie critics are gonna hate it. Plus, HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE A PLOT?!?!? It was a plaot designed to be interactive, almost ALL of the genius of this work of art is in BEING PART OF IT. watching it in a movie theatre kills that

and i dont care if GOD makes it, she cant please us all no matter how good it actually is

Are you saying god's a woman?

Sure, the movie would never appeal to EVERYONE. Then again, NO MOVIE DOES. It's impossible to make a movie, sci-fi movie no less, that is liked by everyone. This is due to what? That's right, 'tastes.' Everybody's got 'em. So, speaking of the plot, it would be EXTREMELY easy to draft a plot that made sense of the entire story of doom 1. I mean, sure, the main guy wouldn't be running around levels the entire time, but the writers could arrange the plot so as to make the hero experience different environments on his quest to escape...

oh, and God COULD make a perfect Doom movie...but he won't, so don't worry about it...

I agree. The Doom movie would be a huge disappointment. I hope they just could leave it as game.

Who needs a movie ? We have the game...
I think a game looking like DOOM3 could me much more scary than a film because we can play the main role !
in my opinion you don't only need a popular theme for a good film...some things ar still best in their original state.
But, maybe i'm wrong....

Who needs a movie ? We have the game...

Ok, ok. Maybe you're right, but tell that to the dumbfucks that produced such flops as the Double Dragon movie and the Street Fighter movie...gaahhh...I shudder...

Heh, my question is: How can you be something you have created?

God made humans to resemble himself. That's what the bible says atleast.

I'm athiest, and if I wasn't I'd hate god.

Ok, ok. Maybe you're right, but tell that to the dumbfucks that produced such flops as the Double Dragon movie and the Street Fighter movie...gaahhh...I shudder...

:]!!! hmm...even a very bad doom movie would't be half as bad as those movies.

John Carpenter has stated in the past that he'd do a DOOM film in an instant. He'd be perfect. If anyone could make a good DOOM film, I have no doubt that JC could do it.

John Carpenter

he's probably the best qualified, but if he truly loves doom, he'll do everything in his power to prevent hollywood from getting it's filthy hands on doom.

*Shakes her head* no writer can do justice to DOOM that well. It'd be like trying to make a Darius film x_X there's only a small chance it could come out good -and- resemble its source. Most Game-to-movies are very bad. The Sonic Anime, although having many weird weird things, was okay... but Mortal Combat just bit. And the plot of Tomb Raider was -waaay- off. She was -disowned- by her family for wanting an adventurers life, dammit! Says so in TR1's instructions ^_^. Yay for cheap polygon wolfies!

how can you do a movie from a game that has no other people to talk with?! Doom has only dark corners full of monsters, there are no other actors!

how can you do a movie from a game that has no other people to talk with?! Doom has only dark corners full of monsters, there are no other actors!

Hhhmmmm...let's see here...Tom Hanks knows ALL about being in a movie where he doesn't talk to anyone for virtually the entire movie...

Uhhh... the only reason society makes distictions between male and female is for what gives birth. God is the ultimate "mother," you couldnt possibly be more "female" than the creator

but who cares?

we have the game dammit! I dont wanna see a movie, there is no way hollywood could do it justice

The problem with a Doom movie is that Doom didn't have a solid story to speak of (other than the box text between episodes.) The elements that made Doom such a kick-ass game would make for a pretty dull movie.

Another thing: What's worse, a movie based on a game, or the bad marketing and newbie influx that the movie brings with it?

What was worse: Street Fighter (the movie based on the game) or the Street Fighter game which was based on the movie?

What was worse: Street Fighter (the movie based on the game) or the Street Fighter game which was based on the movie?

Gaahhh!! Can't - fight - the - confusion!