Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Maz Manson's influence on yet another killing...

*mutters*
I don't mind people doing marijuana and listening to death metal. I mind STUPID PEOPLE doing marijuana and listening to death metal.

Idiot kid.

Hey, at least it shows that not only Americans can be "influenced" by Marilyn Manson and cannabis. Hey, I don't know the kid and I always take what I see in the papers with a pinch of salt, but this guy does come across as a disturbing nut-bar.

What was more intriguing about this case for me was that the victim, in the early days - when she was still a "missing person" was always pictured on the news using a photo of her significantly younger and typically "cute" as a small lost kid. Of course, this picture actually looked nothing like she did at the time of her murder. Eventually they started using more recent pictures of her as a pierced, gothy-looking teenager. Quite why they did this I really can't tell. Posting an inaccurate picture was hardly likely to get her found more quickly.

When I first saw the later picture I was like huh? She's much older and a totally different person to the one who has been on the front pages for the last week or so.

Picture they first used

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2003/07/01/jones128.jpg

And the later one

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40610000/jpg/_40610869_jodivideo203.jpg

They were exactly my thoughts.
BTW Submerge - Marilyn Manson isn't exactly death metal; I mean, they were on CD:UK the other week o_O

Compared with Death Metal, Senor Manson is more on par with Britney Spears. At least the last few piles of steaming crap passing for albums that he's released since Trent stopped making his music for him.

Agreed; he's never been able to produce anything close to the quality of Antichrist Superstar since he and Trent got that bitchy divorce :P

Scabbed Angel said:

Maybe they showed her "non-goth" picture because no one would care about her if she didn't look normal? Just a thought.

Well, that was my main thought too. But if you were trying to find your daughter, publishing a picture that no longer looks like her doesn't really seem to be the way to go about getting people to find her.

Heh, pot is less dangerous than tobacco or alcohol, but you dont see them being entirely condmenmed by the judge :/ But yeah, if he did it which he probably did, I'm not defending him or anything. I just doubt that influenced him.

***w00t 1969 post! year of the bj :P***

Manson and Cannabis were factors in this crime, but not the cause. This is what the judge is saying too, and the BBC to their credit aren't trying to sensationalise it to make it look like he is saying they caused it.

With hindsight, he said, the teenager's upbringing may have contributed.

With every crime of this nature you find a killer who's had a shitty childhood.

This killer was treated badly by one or both parents I'm guessing. They probably made him feel useless. He looks slightly effeminate, and maybe this got to the Dad who was probably a polar opposite. He'd be angry and resentful of everything and everyone, but because of what his parents have done to him he'd feel impotent and unable to get out that rage in a healthy way.

The primary thing cannabis does is lower inhibitions. Most people mellow out and relax because they're not naturally prone to violence. I have seen pot turn people violent first hand. It all depends on the personality involved. In this case of this kid, I think the dope let him set aside whatever he needed to set aside to kill this girl. This is not the first case of pot being used in this way. Had he not been into pot I have no doubt he would have snapped eventually anyway.

Lord Nimmo Smith said he could not ignore the similarities between the injuries inflicted on Jodi and those in Marilyn Manson's paintings of Elizabeth Short.

Manson was an influencing factor in this crime. Popular media has influenced criminals of all kinds many many times.

Influencing factors are not the same as causes. Ask anyone who has really done the time to research killers and understand them (like former FBI agent John Douglas, whose efforts established the criminal profiling program) and ask them if pot and media influence has ever caused an otherwise OK person to committ a violent crime like this, the answer will be an unequivocal no.

Plenty of people have shitty childhoods and don't become killers. In the end, with the rare exceptions of truly insane people, it comes down to personal choice. And that was the case with this kid. I hope he doesn't ever get out, cause if circumstances repeat he probably will kill again.

and the BBC to their credit aren't trying to sensationalise it

If i recall correctly (and the Centrifuge WAS running) one BBC radio news broadcast i heard at work stated he smoked 600 SPLIFFS a day!, thats like 1 a minute for 10 hours..you'd be dead!, or too out of it to even move let alone kill someone

ROFL, he'd have to have a veritable jungle of the shit growing in the backyard.

Spike said:

It's good to know that cannabis and Marilyn Manson will always be available for scapegoat duties when it comes to teen murder trials.

Blaming Marilyn Manson. Where did I hear that before? *SIGHS* When hypocrites weren't ranting about video games after the Columbine massacre, Marilyn Manson was also a back-up 'blame pincushion'. Reports like these are all the same thing. Video games, drugs, music, etc. To think that these people are missing the aspects of more effective factors of violent behaviour such as the murderer's environment, life, parents, respect etc and instead focused on blaming the things they do may give us the potential to safely say that these reports (and possibly the authors) are rather ignorant.

For the record, people need to quit the incessant whining, imperialistic grudge campaigns against products and inanimate objects and start parenting. If we don't take action, we might as well let these incidents continue every day. And it seems as if while the world becomes more and more corrupt that that's going to happen anyway. In fact, seeing as an insufficient amount of action is taken to address these matters, then argumentatively speaking, continuing to include blames related to incidents like this in articles would be rendered pointless.

Farewell.

Ah well, it's more publicity for Manson anyway. His name's in the paper again. No-one who likes him will be put off, but they'll have something to get excited and stirred up about. It's all good.

"No such thing as bad publicity."

Yawn.

I think Marilyn Manson is like "Andy Warhol Part 2". He first set out with big dreams and little talent in the hopes to make a mockery of the art world. Something went wrong somewhere, and now he's respected in the celebrity community.

niguel said:

goths should kill themselves.

I believe that certain Goths have different attitudes and beliefs. I think that some are just depressed, some think that the world is nothing but darkness and death, some just want to try out black magic. I'm not really sure, I haven't looked into Gothics much.

beliefs of darkness and death doesnt make you a goth.
by goths im referring to those sad transsexual looking faggots & fat bitches with make up and overacting with the black cloths, that are too lazy to think with their own brains. besides, i'm sure appearance is more important to a goth than beliefs.

niguel said:

beliefs of darkness and death doesnt make you a goth.
by goths im referring to those sad transsexual looking faggots & fat bitches with make up and overacting with the black cloths, that are too lazy to think with their own brains. besides, i'm sure appearance is more important to a goth than beliefs.

Agreed, the goths at my school are crazy. Asked some fat girl if it was halloween yet cause she was wearing so much makeup.

deathbringer said:

If i recall correctly (and the Centrifuge WAS running) one BBC radio news broadcast i heard at work stated he smoked 600 SPLIFFS a day!, thats like 1 a minute for 10 hours..you'd be dead!, or too out of it to even move let alone kill someone

It was 600 a week.

niguel said:

stupid bullshit

So someone should kill themselves because they have poor fashion sense? Come off of it, retard. I can't deny that some goth people are morons, but you have morons in every subcutlure.

with that sentence i was referring to the common image of goths being sad, depressed and suicidal people, therefore better killing themselves or would you as a humanist rather have them kill others? call me prejudiced, dont care. sorry if i offended you with joking.