Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron of Hell

Query/Question Regarding D3 (XBox) & Expansion

Greetings once more, fellow doomerinies! Ok, first let me say that the original Doom and Doom II remained my favourite games for seven or eight years, so when I heard that Doom 3 was well on the way I immediately hurried down to the store to pre-order a copy. Unfortunately however, I have never been able to afford a decent enough computer that would run it, so up to this very day, I have never played it, or even watched someone play it. I DO however have an XBox, and I have already pre-ordered my copy of the Limited Collector's edition, which I am eagerly waiting for, I live in Australia so I have to wait until the 3rd of March. This brings me to my query, I have read that this Limited Edition comes with The Ultimate Doom and Doom II aswell, yet as I read further it says that They are both full versions yet The Ultimate Doom only has three episodes, is this a mistake or does it really only have three? Thy Flesh Consumed ROCKS!

I know it's way too early for me to ask this next question but I'm just aching to know, has there been any news or rumours regarding the Doom 3 expansion being released on the XBox?

Make that the week of april 4th. The release for both x box doom3 and the expansion pack for pc has been pushed back to this date. It's official, came from id and activision. As for the expansion pack coming to the box, there has been nothing said one way or the other. I personally doubt they would port an expansion pack though. Would be cool though. I got doom3 for the pc the day it hit shelves, and I'm still gonna get the box version. Just to be able to play the game on a 37 inch tv monitor rather than a 19 inch pc screen should be a different experience.

Baron of Hell said:

They are both full versions yet The Ultimate Doom only has three episodes, is this a mistake or does it really only have three? Thy Flesh Consumed ROCKS!

Its more likey they will include the fourth episode.

Kaiser said:

Its more likey they will include the fourth episode.

Actually, if it follows the pattern of msot (or maybe all) the other console versions of the first game, it won't contain episodes at all, but instead feature one long line of maps to complete, most of them very, very stronly based on the corresponding pc maps, but not quite the same in every way.

Mogul said:

Actually, if it follows the pattern of msot (or maybe all) the other console versions of the first game, it won't contain episodes at all, but instead feature one long line of maps to complete, most of them very, very stronly based on the corresponding pc maps, but not quite the same in every way.

Noooooooooo! This is blasphemy! >_<