Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aseph

I hate to start another Nine Inch Nails thread, but...

Okay, I know there's another NIN thread up, but his has nothing to do with any new releases so its worth having. Also, I'm kinda on a roll here when it comes to posting on the Doomworld forums and I figure I'll keep it up.

How many of you have seen the Broken video in its entirety? And for those of you who don't know what that is, Trent Reznor's love of making music videos drove him to create a huge video that covers NIN's entire Broken EP.

Anyway, my thoughts: one of the most violent and disturbing things I have ever seen, but also very interesting and artistic. It has the feel of a music video made by David Lynch. I don't reccomend it if you have a weak stomache or are not an avid NIN fan, but for those of you who are, its worth watching.

Update: The video doesn't include either of the secret tracks.

I snagged a rather high-quality version of it off Ebay a few years ago, after seeing a 351MB AVI from nineinchnails.net when they were loaded with free video downloads. Even back then, when somebody mentioning his name forced me to personally drive to their house and force a mixture of bat crap, hydrochloric acid, chopped up magnetic poetry and shredded english textbooks down their throat, I had to admit I thought he did something truly noteworthy, even to the point that I ended up buying the Broken EP and enjoyed listening to it a few times. I don't care for it much these days, but it was one of the only music videos I ever enjoyed watching multiple times. Apparently the guy Bob Flanagan who was in the Happiness In Slavery video has his own documentary appropriately titled "Sick" which shows him doing a lot more crazy stuff than in the video. I haven't seen it and it's not exactly a top priority on my list, but in case you're into that kind of thing, take a look for it.

Aseph said:

How many of you have seen the Broken video in its entirety? And for those of you who don't know what that is, Trent Reznor's love of making music videos drove him to create a huge video that covers NIN's entire Broken EP.

You're talking about the vidio that ties all the broken vids together, and splices low grade bondage torture scenes in between them. Hmmn, I wasn't under the impression that Trent put that together. It's pretty poor quality. Unless you're talking about the actual videos themselves as seen on "Closure" with all his other vids up to "perfect drug".

I haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping he'll put it on the Closure dvd when it comes out.

And ignore the fuckheads around here, they post shitloads of retarded news threads other dumb shit and they bitch about the occasional NIN thread? Eh, expected from the Troll Lair. For every person who has posts worth reading around here there's 5 that aren't.

Last time I checked, a forum entitled "Everything Else" means that I can talk about anything that isn't directly Doom-related so long as I am following the rules. That includes Nine Inch Nails. So those of you who don't like Nine Inch Nails threads, I have a very simple suggestion for you:

DON'T GO TO THEM.

Oh yeah, out of the 30000 threads this board has seen, it's just stuffed to the freakin' rafters with them. Come on, man. There's like four active ones right now. That's nothing.

Xenphire said:

And ignore the fuckheads around here, they post shitloads of retarded news threads other dumb shit and they bitch about the occasional NIN thread? Eh, expected from the Troll Lair. For every person who has posts worth reading around here there's 5 that aren't.

Then do you even bother coming here? I mean wtf? You left once and were banned because no one likes you and you were sick of peoples comments on your whiney blog posts...and now you've come back for some reason.

I don't understand your irrationality.

OK, enough.

Melfice: Quit insulting everyone in general or this account goes the same way as the last one.

A proposal: Someone start a single "Nine Inch Nails thread". This shall be the one and only place for NIN-related discussion. Off-topic posts shall be deleted, and trolling (on either side) shall be stamped upon. Other attempts to start NIN threads shall be merged with it or deleted. OK?

Quast said:

You left once and were banned because no one likes you and you were sick of peoples comments on your whiney blog posts

Actually, what triggered the ban was an "I'm leaving and never coming back!" post.