Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

SLADE again

Exciting. It's too bad everybody's already all set on Doombuilder. :P Keep on truckin' and such, and I'm sure you'll have some feature ideas to make your editor stand out.

I am not confortable with Doom Builder, but being a former Deth user I'll give Slade a try ^_^

Heh well actually I have a few features in mind that will set it apart from Doom Builder ;) Especially some things to do with ZDoomGL, like recognizing the HIRESTEX lump, so it'll handle custom hires/32bit textures properly...

And yeah I know it's a bit slow, but I'm not sure if it's something I can help (OpenGL doesn't seem to be extra fast at drawing lines and such, so it runs quite slow on old video cards). And the 3d mode is slow because it's drawing the entire map every frame :P

It would be great if the source code was in ZIP format instead of the RAR format, as I cannot find a unRAR program for my system (Linux/PPC).

SlayeR said:

Well guess I'll use zips for the source from now on.

Cheers! There is an unrar tool for linux, but it is only for x86 CPU. Linux runs on many different cpus, mine is PowerPC (an iBook laptop). Anyway, I wish you good luck with it.