Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chronoteeth

Rare weapon mods

Don't be ungrateful, Chrono, especially when you were the one who asked for help. I mean, how are we supposed to know what weapon mods you have unless you tell us?

Xenophon: Technically, Doom2.wad isn't a weapons mod...

I did some searching back through the forums and found Cube Weapons Mod, which I'm sure somebody's been looking for.

On that note, I should probably get this one, all the others on the Cube page, LNL4, and the rest of Cory Whittle's stuff to upload on to the idgames archives (all except Don's Challenge 1, which contains modified Doom E1 maps).

Liberation said:

http://ca.geocities.com/pilottobombadier/doom.htm

Its a weapons mod called Lock 'n' Load, looks intresting also you wanna check out Lobo's site, and go to the link page.

I don't even have a link up for the 4th instalment, but it's all there. I'm currently planning what to do for the 5th one.

Yeah yeah, shameless self promotion...anyway, try Goldeneye Doom on Newdoom (not rare, but everyone shuns newdoom for some petty reason)

pilottobombadier said:

(not rare, but everyone shuns newdoom for some petty reason)

There's reasons for that, and they're not petty. Wmull is petty though. Just ask Kaiser.

Alright, i'll do a pig call: KAIIIIIIZZER! Come on over here and tell em bout Wmull!

EDIT: Oh yeah, i've been to newdoom, but I can't for the life of me find their wads!

kristus said:

There's reasons for that, and they're not petty. Wmull is petty though. Just ask Kaiser.

Tell me about it. Since Kaiser "migrated" to D3files, his newdoom site is blocked. >:(

Chronoteeth said:

Don't even know where the fuck newdoom is (request link)

And all I ask in Lnl5 is a slow but powerful magnum in it.

I've been trying to eliminate all that's either not modern or futuristic in Lock and Load. Or things that don't just fit. The only reason the SSG is in it is because some novelty weapons need to be. A revolver is not one of those. And Desert Eagles are semi-auto, which means you can fire them as fast as you can pull the trigger.

What's going is:

-The full-auto pistols

-The automatic shotgun

-The revenant RL

-The MP5 which no one gave a rat's ass about anyway, myself included

-The starting assault rifle

What's being added:

-CAWS (using the OICW graphics - the OICW's design is based off the CAWS's) automatic shotgun. Smaller clip, no secondary fire. More damage though. I'm upping the damage on all shotguns to the original per-hit damage, but keeping the number of pellets.

-FNP 90/Dual FNP 90's - sort of replacing automatic pistols, but not a starting weapon. Blistering rate of fire, big mag, crap damage (small round).

-HK 69 - really being re-added, considering I'd had it before. I miss my incendiary grenades.

-Possibly Scuba Steve's Mossberg 590 as a pick-up from the shotgun dude. I really don't want him dropping the CAWS. Or using it.

-A new assault rifle - I really think that a pistol (even if it's now the magnum) is a pathetic starting weapon for a soldier, regardless of Doom's "story". Looking for something relatively modern, so an M16 won't be making an appearance here ever again. Period.

Gameplay changes:

-All large enemies will be resistant or immune to shotgun blasts, not just the Barons, Knights, Cybie and Spider. This excludes the Cacodemon.

-They use what they drop. Being that the minigun does insane damage (it would kill you in 2 hits), the chaingunners will not be dropping one or ammo for it. I may change out the chaingunners for another enemy.

-Ammo limits - only small arms (shotguns, pistols and SMG's and assault rifles) ammo limits will see increases in size with ammo backpack pickups. Some ammo limits will be changed to compensate for this.

That's about it for now.

And your reasonings for shunning Newdoom sound quite petty to me.

pilottobombadier said:

The only reason the SSG is in it is because some novelty weapons need to be. A revolver is not one of those.

I know there aren't any ready-made graphics for them, but what about the Colt mk.V Anaconda? That's about my favorite revolver ever and it really needs a Doom representation. Or if not the revolver, at least give the Desert Eagles a beefier sound, because that stock .357 sound is actually weaker than Doom's default pistol (might I suggest the Deagle from Counter-Strike? It hasn't been used much). What follows is my Approval List of your ideas...

What's Going:
-The full-auto pistols
They sucked, no doubt about it. Especially the sounds.

-The automatic shotgun
Far overpowered for how early you got it, so a worthy deletion.

-The revenant RL
I never figured out what the difference was between this and the regular rocket launcher, so...

-The MP5 which no one gave a rat's ass about anyway, myself included
There was an MP5?

-The starting assault rifle
All that really needs changing for the thing is the graphics and sounds. Power balance was good.

Weasel Suggests You Remove:

-The minigun
Even without the auto-pistols, there are plenty enough automatic weapons in the game already...the battle rifle is good enough.

-The plasma rifle
If not remove it, then at least come up with a better and more original weapon to replace it.

-The BFG
Again, come up with a better replacement for it. The BFG just doesn't feel cool anymore.

-The Super Shotgun
Just ditch the thing - the CAWS is a viable replacement for it.

What's being added:

-CAWS (using the OICW graphics - the OICW's design is based off the CAWS's) automatic shotgun. Smaller clip, no secondary fire. More damage though. I'm upping the damage on all shotguns to the original per-hit damage, but keeping the number of pellets.
Let me guess: Famas-styled graphics for it? It's better than Goldeneye's at the very least...and get better sounds at the very least.

-FNP 90/Dual FNP 90's - sort of replacing automatic pistols, but not a starting weapon. Blistering rate of fire, big mag, crap damage (small round).
I say make this the starting weapon.

-HK 69 - really being re-added, considering I'd had it before. I miss my incendiary grenades.
Replace the rocket launcher with it and we're in business.

-Possibly Scuba Steve's Mossberg 590 as a pick-up from the shotgun dude. I really don't want him dropping the CAWS. Or using it.
Sounds good.

-A new assault rifle - I really think that a pistol (even if it's now the magnum) is a pathetic starting weapon for a soldier, regardless of Doom's "story". Looking for something relatively modern, so an M16 won't be making an appearance here ever again. Period.
Nmn's G36K really needs a good usage, and it looks pretty futuristic.

Gameplay changes:

-All large enemies will be resistant or immune to shotgun blasts, not just the Barons, Knights, Cybie and Spider. This excludes the Cacodemon.
I'd say maybe make them immune to bullets, and resistant to shotgun blasts.

-They use what they drop. Being that the minigun does insane damage (it would kill you in 2 hits), the chaingunners will not be dropping one or ammo for it. I may change out the chaingunners for another enemy.
Enemy suggestion: some kind of zombie assault rifleman?

-Ammo limits - only small arms (shotguns, pistols and SMG's and assault rifles) ammo limits will see increases in size with ammo backpack pickups. Some ammo limits will be changed to compensate for this.
Sounds good to me.

Chronoteeth said:

Don't even know where the fuck newdoom is (request link)

Chronoteeth said:

Actually, anyone have wmull? An can I have it emailed to me?

Please cut the dumbass posts.

I just asked for it because it's not on kaiser's newdoom site due to it being blocked since he moved to D3files. I don't see anything wrong with that. And I got confused with the newdoom thing because I thought he was talking of a weapons mod.

MoUAC(the old one). And some other stuff.

http://nick_the_doomer.tripod.com/
for random stuff

and

http://nick_the_doomer.tripod.com/mouac/
for MoUAC.

The two above pages are REALLY OLD.
I'm not so proud of the original MoUAC but a lot of people like it, so enjoy. For EDGE.

Just wait for the new MoUAC though, the single player one(started from scratch, not the same weapons!!)

freewebs.com/mouac

Check out WIP's EDGE section for it. The weapons in the new one are very good, balanced and fun to use.