Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Doom Movie Progression

I know most of you perhaps none too keen to examine the latest happenings with the Doom Movie, but for those that are, there's been some updates on a couple sites, most notably information on the Internet Movie Database. They have updated the plot synopsis, and as is to be expected it's virtually nothing remotely close to the plot in any doom game to date (planet Olduvai wtf?!). Also, Universal Pictures (warning: overdone flash site) has put Doom in the "Coming Soon" section, indicating an August 5, 2005 release. I for one am disgusted with the direction they took it, yet it does not seem quite so unexpected.

Thanks to Jouni Lahtinen for the email.

I hear that ol' sucking sound of game-to-movie conversions.

Producer:

I have this idea, right... let's make Resident Evil... IN SPACE!!!

Chronoteeth said:

Well...at least it's in space.

That's like saying "Well, at least it's a movie."

DJ_Haruko said:

I nearly cried when I read that plot outline.

Maybe I'll get some friends together and make an independant film adaptation myself instead.

Just record a movie from the game ;) That should be 10 times better than anything ever to come from that crap to be released 5th August.

When I look at those names:
"pinky" "destroyer" "Goat" I'm puzzled. Are they going to have people playing monsters? I tought CG would do better in such case.

I believe Pinky is a scientist, and Goat is the callsign of one of the marines.

And if people are gonna complain whenever a movie uses CGI, and other people are gonna complain when it doesn't... ;)

Man looking at the cast on the main imdb page I thought they'd gotten rid of The Rock. Apparantly they moved him to the bottom of the list for some reason. I was worried for a moment. :P

Yeah we certainly were gullible for thinking this was all real... how foolish of us. :P

TheDarkArchon said:

Something tells me that watching the Doom movie is going to be as fun as being anally raped by 2 Cyberdemon's at the same time.

Knowing the many sick bastards in the world today, some would say that might be the most blissful thing in the world...

Regardless, I'll see it...so I can justify however many umpteenmillion horrible reviews I may write about it. It's also a cool way to kill time...

Vile said:

Yeah we certainly were gullible for thinking this was all real... how foolish of us. :P

Everyone believed it was going to centre around a modern day SWAT team, and the monsters would consist entirely of zombies created by some kind of virus. So far, no official mention of any of that whatsoever.

Mancubus II said:

I for one am disgusted with the direction they took it, yet it does not seem quite so unexpected.

WAH WAH BOO HOO

This is fucking stupid.

I hate you hollywood. Whoever's writing this joke of a film needs to go and off themselves. That's one death I'd be glad to be blamed on DOOM.

Personally I'd rather the world had less people who'd wish death on the writer of a bad movie, than less writers of bad movies.

I don't know why you keep blaming the writers, it's not like they ever have any actual control over a big corporate assembly line movie, especially people like Dave Callaham who's never been involved in a movie project before. Of course, any writer who's willing to give up that much control to a moneygobbling studio would have to more interested in the money than in his writing to stay in Hollywood. Really if I had to blame someone it'd be id for selling marketing rights out to every one of their games without so much as making an attempt to assure any level of quality control or monitor the projects in any way.

NiGHTMARE said:

Hooray for unbiased journalism.

My apologies, no one informed me that there was a code of conduct regarding unbiased journalism on Doomworld.

There's supposed to be a universal code of conduct for all journalism. Of course even so-called "professional" journalists often chose to break it.

NiGHTMARE said:

There's supposed to be a universal code of conduct for all journalism. Of course even so-called "professional" journalists often chose to break it.

At least I didn't say "This horrible, disgusting movie they're passing off as Doom 3..." Now THAT is what I would call some biased journalism. Normally I wouldn't have made the comment I did, but for this subject I felt compelled.

NiGHTMARE said:

Personally I'd rather the world had less people who'd wish death on the writer of a bad movie, than less writers of bad movies.

Take things a little too seriously?

its so obvious that id software sold out..hence xbox gets coop for doom3 pc version modders had to make it themselves...nerve software who made multiplayer for games in the past..nerve software makes a map pack for doom3 but no coop just ctf heh...id software having tweaker use sounds from activisions sound library to make snd fx for doom3..ohh and a gay emo intro track for doom3 and they changed the doom story in doom3 its not the same story at all...ya id sold out they lost there touch...there all hollywood now id software is another hollywood...im mad and im done ranting

Me when I first heard about the movie:

"Wow... I would feel excited if it were not for the way game-to-movie TCs usually are"

"the Rock is in it? He is cool, but c'mon man..."

Leading up to:
"WTF? No mars? what the fucking hell do these guys have up their ass? They must have thought, "Mars?! We cant do Mars! SO many games and movies use mars... make it a planet nobody heard of."

This makes me think how Doom is being assfucked by its own name now. Doom was the first GOOD fps (discount wolf here), the first with a mars-demon-overrun base (correct me if I am wrong).
Since then, there have been countless thosands of things that clone Doom to some extent. Now when Doom wants to come back and say "hi" it cant because it is being crowded out from its own posers... @_@

Tell me if that made sense to you.

Man. this sucks

TheDarkArchon said:

Something tells me that watching the Doom movie is going to be as fun as being anally raped by 2 Cyberdemon's at the same time.

that fun!?!?! im so there!