Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Burning!

When ever I burn a playlist to a CD I can't listen to it on any other device but my PC. I use MediaPlayer and Limewire as a burner program, and most of the files are mpgs. and mp3s. What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you aren't making a data disk with mp3s as files as opposed to an audio cd?

I've done this by mistake.

That would be hard to say. I'm not familiar with your particular burning software. I would only assume most programs would provide an option somewhere, at the begining of the burning process to make data/audio or music/ whatever types of disks. look for something like that, otherwise you'll end up making normal cds with mp3 files

For the record, I use jet audio and some iomega burning program that came with an external cd/r drive

it you make an XA or directCD(drag to disc cd) then you won't be able to read it on a system that doesn't have a compatible drive.
it does sound like you are making an Orange book cd instead of a Red book cd though.

Orange book and Red book? Is this like audio-only and read-only files or something?

EDIT:Damn, still doesn't work, would it help if I burned the files on to the disk one at a time, do you think?

EDIT2: Oh ffs, ^that^ was a stupid idea.

Ok, when I place my burned CD into a player it thinks that there is only one track on it and then the CD just won't play. Is this the fualt of the burner software or the hardware?

Janderson said:

Ok, when I place my burned CD into a player it thinks that there is only one track on it and then the CD just won't play. Is this the fualt of the burner software or the hardware?

it's your fault. or at leat how you are doing the burn on the software...heh

that's what happens to data disks, they read only one track

Heh. Goddamn you WHSmiths!

Sorry guys, damn I must look like a fool. Oh well, nothing new.
Thanks for sparing your time anyway.

from personal expernice i dont like useing windows media player to burn stuff, or rip.

my girlfriend always has issues with it. usally volume. her house mate has similar problems, differnt computers and disks

personaly i use nero and K3B with no issues. i have used easy CD creator and others too.

for ripping i use CDex and i dont really download but when i do it is usally from bittorent, or my friend.

chances are it might be making a data disk instead.

I've looked all over for an audio disk. Everywhere locally. How can you tell in the shops whether it is audio or data? The staff don't seem to know either.

Not in the shops! You use the software to create an audio disk. With Nero you just select "audio disk" from options, no idea how to with your software though.

heh, shit, ok thanks man. So there's still time...

As usual the solution was staring me in the face. Thanks to everyone who has posted here and sorry for my foolishness.