Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

which would you rather see?

What do you think?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• V.I.P.E.R. sounds good, do that.
    • I\'d love to play \'The Cancer\', myself...
    • Do em both, you whiny dork
    • Screw those, help me on my project instead.

I'm stuck here.... I have two ideas in mind for a megawad project... but I don't know which one to do.

1. The V.I.P.E.R. Project: A basic 32-level megawad, with new weapons, use of Zdoom's scripting ability, and the Monster Resource WADs, and some sort of story. I'd release this one in chunks of about 7 levels apiece.

2. The Cancer: A 32 map megawad.... all in one enormous Hub to be explored and conquered, bit by bit, much like metroid. Following orders and exploring to progress deeper and deeper into a hellspawn infested Colony. This one will take a hell of a lot more time, and I'd only release it when it's DONE.

The Cancer sounds like the more interesting project, but I imagine that it would be difficult to execute. But go for it anyway - we need a good Metroid-ish wad (Temple of the Ancients was good, but too short).

*laughs at the tie*

Viper wouldn't have complete replacements for the weapons, but a list would include:

Burst Fire Plasma Rifle
OverDrive Plasma Rifle
P.A.A.W. (Personal Anti Armor Weapon)
Hex Cannon

I might even get RID of the BFG completely.

Of course, The Cancer would have new weapons too, but I should have mentioned that.

EDIT: The new weapons will most likely require the new version of ZDoom to come out. I belive that better functionality for new weapons will be included in it?

I vote for the mapzez that just use the new monsters for a plain old megawad... that sounds nice.

That may well be, but at the time that I offically let the votes sway my decision, VIPER had more. so you'll have to wait a few years :P