Find results in...
Colusio

Oldest doom site ?

Tom's Doom page:
There have been no additons as of:
Fri Jul 22 15:00:04 CDT 1994
http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~tom/
It was/is dynamic (perl, javascript)
One of his collection of death links point to a site called doomworld (http://members.xoom.com/Thrasher_86/Doom_World/index.htm)
One link is still up, "rapheal playing doom".
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~quinet/games/doom-en.html
A nice rant there, it's under
"An important note about the newsgroups (help me!):"

I remember the "Doom wad yellow pages", i think it was supposed to be a bit like doomworld.com/idgames (ie a service to browse the ftp.cdrom.com archive in webpages), except, as far as i can imagine, it was updated manually, and not generated by a machine, so it had some errors, a lot of wads had "description coming soon!" or something, also there where some screenshots if i recall, and a 'spotlight' wad, which was some shopping mall one for ages

Didn't somebody revive the Doom Wad Yellow Pages a couple years ago? Or was somebody just talking about doing that?

The Doom Wad Yellow Pages is indeed an old site, and it is now hosted by another Doom news site. Dr. Sleep's Doom Apothecary was also started way back in 1994... it's also hosted by the same news site now as DWYP.

It's a little sad for some strange reason, looking back on all the very old doom sites that are now dead. And it's really hard to find a Classic Doom site, because now everything's becoming too Doom 3 related.

Anywhat, I think that on Tom's Doom Page there's only one link that still works. I think it's LostSoul's Mac Doom Page or something. Don't know how active it is, though, and I wonder if that's really the page or if it's been replaced. As of the moment I don't have the time to search it, however.

I wonder if Tom is still alive, or if his e-mail address is still the same. For some strange reason I feel the urge to e-mail him.

Stealthy Ivan said:
I wonder if Mike Reeds DooM page is still up? That site had some really good levels on it!

It was still available not too long ago, but it's dead now. If you search for Michael Reed as "author" in the idgames database here, you'll find maps he made.

I tried e-mailing Tom. After seeing the outcome, I realize how foolish I was to make such a vague attempt. The e-mail address he displays on that page probably doesn't even exist anymore, because my e-mail system e-mailed me saying that there was no such address. If anyone can find out any means of actually being able to contact him, let me know. Sounds rather queer, I know, but I'd be appreciative. That and I'm quite the chip off of the old block.