Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jt39137

Doomsday

Its a good port if you ask me,but i like Zdoom much better.
Im not a big fan of openGL,that comes with Doomsday.
I like to play doom the old school way,but with the benefits of an limit removing port.
And Zdoom works the best for me imo.

I thorougly enjoy Doomsday, and many of its progressive model and texture projects, and hope that the updates to the software in the future further develop the port into something very nice indeed.

i like doomsday, i use to play classic wads in it because it gives them a new look.
however, i use risen3d more often, because of its boom compatibility. many wads crash with jdoom.
some maps get real slow on my old box (amd@1.5, gf3)

i like Doomsday, its best used with HeXen: Beyond Heretic, if you use it it with Doom/2/final it feels too unreal.

I like it. Though it kind of looses the original DooM "Feel" it makes DooM look new, and it's really usefull as far as bringing people back to DooM. Though I like all ports, jDoom is really good for bringing a new "atomsphere" to DooM with it's new sounds and dynamic lighting, etc.

It's okay, but the system requirements are absurd if you really want to get the most out of it, and most of the content packages (like the high-res textures) are no longer accessible.