Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chronoteeth

Weapon mods

Alright, I am sick and tired of modding just graphics from a previous weapon mod. I want to make my own mod, and I want your help. Please don't go "OH IZ EAZY". Just tell me where are great places to start for weapon mod tuts, what to do, descriptons, the whole shebangabang. Now if you help me, I will deadicate my next mod to the one that helps me out the most. TIA.

NOTE: Oh and some help with whackED too, and ddf is also helpful. Either one will help greatly.

Oh bah get over it its just a small joke. Just be glad I didn't do what I did when you asked for DEHACKED on the DA forums (for those of you who don't know what I did... I linked him to ******* >:P)

If you do not find the info on weapon modding you are lookging
for when looking in a thread about weapong modding, then I'm
afraid I have no more suggestions for you.

Sarcasm or no sarcasm...
If that wasn't it, what are you looking for then, more specific?

I see.
But in both the link MasterOFDeath and I gave you there is exstensive "how-tos" for making the graphics.

I can't help you with tutorials on dehacked, whacked, ddf or any other DooM related scripting.
Maybe someone else can.

What about the the good old "try and error" method.
It has worked before. And since there dosen't seem to be
an overabundance of scripting tutorials out there, it may
be the best choise.

All I know about sound in DooM is that the wav files need to be 8bit and mono.
But that may not even be true anymore since the DooM ports may support better sound quality now.

I checked around a little for good editing programs for sound.
Expecially .wav files, didn't bother with .mus and .midi.

If found a program called goldwave.
It's shareware/nagware and will bother you to register every 5 min.
But the good thing is that as long as you still have trial period time left you can use ALL functions, but only for a limited time.
The program is good so I have thought abot registering it.

[fontsize=1]
Do not ask any qyestion about cracks and/or pirating.
I'm not that fond of pirating software I like.
It hurts the developers.[/fontsize]

I checked everywhere over there. I check the forums and files area, and nothing. While I did find a tut on making edge maps, it was not what I needed. I know this is somewhat annoying, but could I have a working link to this tut?

Heh, edge of doom.

Chronoteeth said:

I checked everywhere over there. I check the forums and files area, and nothing.

No. You obviously didn't.

If you had bothered to even look at the downloads page you would have seen "EDGE Documentation" which also clearly has the text "1.0 Tutorials" just under it.
If you had continued to look at the contents of the page a few seconds longer you would have seen "EDGE DDF" and below that a lnk to download "EDGE-DDF-4.1.zip"

Lobo said:

No. You obviously didn't.

If you had bothered to even look at the downloads page you would have seen "EDGE Documentation" which also clearly has the text "1.0 Tutorials" just under it.
If you had continued to look at the contents of the page a few seconds longer you would have seen "EDGE DDF" and below that a lnk to download "EDGE-DDF-4.1.zip"

Hmm, isn't he more likely looking for DDF documentation, not the latest released DDFs or tutorials on how to create 3D extrafloors and waters in EDGE?

@Chrono:Download the ddfonline4.0.zip at the EDGE site, already pointed out before in this topic. It's third on EDGE Tools. You must click the link *below* the "Show only this release" link. (My first link was to that file on a mirror, but it seems like they don't allow linking from outside.) And don't come telling me that those guides don't work or don't exist, I downloaded them yesterday myself and did make an experimental gun with them. Very fast and easy process.

Jodwin said:

Hmm, isn't he more likely looking for DDF documentation, not the latest released DDFs or tutorials on how to create 3D extrafloors and waters in EDGE?

I stand corrected: I was sure that that "1.0 Tutorials" was the same as the ones that are included in DDF-On_line, just in a separate download but it is in fact a mapping tutorial.

I didn't actually get far enough down the page to read the "DDF-On-Line" entry since I was trying to do it in the time frame I proposed with my comment about "a few seconds longer";)
As for the Lates released DDFs, I personally find the DDF that comes with EDGE to be the best place to see how things are done (but that's just my own opinion :)

Oh yeah, I think I got the basics of the DDF thing down. Guess this thread is now for talking about weapon mods! :p

I'll start: I uploaded my first DDF weapons mod, Dos (or ct-dos)