Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jehar

The Wachowski Brothers: What are they doing now?

Anybody besides me wondering this?

After the matrix and assorted spin-offs were released, I never heard of them planning to do anything else. Are they doing any movies atm?

I know they are probably involved to some extent in the marix online...

thoughts?

Paying the woman whose story they ripped off.

Hopefully they're learning how to write a better script. The original Matrix was the best of three and at times the lines in it are so lame and cliché I feel like gagging.

WildWeasel said:

According to this IMDb page, Andy Wachowski is involved in the production of "V for Vendetta" (slated for this year).

another great alan moore comic destroyed.

With all the money they've got on 2 out of 3 movies sucking, it's a safe assumption that they're doing your mom.

Ouch.
such resentment towards the trilogy.

Do you truely hate it for the hype and publicity (making such resentment anti-conformist) or do you really hate the trilogy for any particular reason?

I enjoyed it because of the way they successfuly brought anime into a live action movie.

True, the second one deviated from the judeo-christian tones while the third perhaps tried to hard to restore them, but that does not change the kickass action and epic plot.

And Bound was a good movie too :P

Jehar said:

Do you truely hate it for the hype and publicity (making such resentment anti-conformist) or do you really hate the trilogy for any particular reason?

all of the above

I didn't mind the first matrix. But the other two and that animatrix bullshit sucked...it's as simple as that

I found the trilogy as well as some of the animatrix that was made available for free download to be entertaining. But they did rip off that woman and they wrote some shitty dialog. And the computer animated fights got a bit too cheesy in the 2nd and 3rd movies at times.

Awful dialog in the first Matrix:
"I thought you were a guy." (What, did a 12 year on a MMRPG write this line for them?)
"Buckle up Dorathy because Kansas is going bye-bye"
etc. I don't feel like trying to remember any others.

Quast said:

no

seconded.

Those guys, as rumours had it, never even finished High-school. Matrix creators, or not, their uneducated, dumbasses.

Nmn said:

seconded.

Those guys, as rumours had it, never even finished High-school. Matrix creators, or not, their uneducated, dumbasses.

Oh the irony :P

Anyway, regardless of how good the Matrix trilogy was (I think they suck), they're going to be hard-pressed to match the popularity.

Nmn said:

Those guys, as rumours had it, never even finished High-school.

Ah high school, the standard all intelligent people should be measured by.

Nmn said:

their uneducated, dumbasses.

Yes, I see highschool sure helped you.

Edit: Yes. So beaten. But I take it personal.

Use3D said:

Ah high school, the standard all intelligent people should be measured by.

No sarcasm. Today, it is a standard, if You want to have a good job, and intelligent people got good jobs (or lucky), others get to spend a life with a shovel, or collecting garbage, or whatever :P

Yes, I see highschool sure helped you.

Yes, it had. I didn't have English there mind You.

Last time I checked my job didn't involve much shovelling, was incredibly fun and does way more than just paying the bills.

Lüt said:

Hopefully learning how to make tolerable movies.

I was going to say "hopefully not making any movies", but I guess that works too.

Heh, The Matrix was the biggest overhyped piece of bullshit since the Star Wars prequels. Terry Gilliam needs to finish another movie so the overall quality of movies out there can rise a bit.