Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

My wad is done

Im happy to announce that my wad is finished,after about 2 monts hard work its finally done.
Its already uploaded to 3dgamers this evening so if you are interested in playing this,you know where to get it.
I hope it will not get rejected,the filename is titan426.
Its my first wad that i made for Zdoom,and i must say it worked out pretty good.
Well i leave you all with some screens of it,to let you know what youre gonna play.
Im onto my next wad to be,have fun with this one :)
Gothic
Tech

Nmn said:

What custom textures are those?

Good question....my answer:No idea i just came accross them when i was surfing on the internet,and thought "well devill that looks kinda neat,lets use them in my wad see if it works out".
Have a blast :)

dutch devill said:

Good question....my answer:No idea

o_O
Better ensure they are from a public domain. Otherwise You can run into some copyright problems.

The textures in the first shot look as though they're from Blood. The textures in the second shot seem to be a mixture of Decontex and... something else.

NiGHTMARE said:

The textures in the first shot look as though they're from Blood. The textures in the second shot seem to be a mixture of Decontex and... something else.

First screen:no textures are used from blood,but a few from quake but i dont know which ones anymore damnit.
Second screen:Decontex...what the hell is that,i guess i havent use those i dont even know what it means.

If there are some textures in my wad that are copyrighted,than the folks at 3dgamers will reject it wright.
I didn't knew that i just could't use those textures,but more people upload wads with for instance hexen textures in it,isn't that against the rules too.

Xenophon said:

EDIT: ...although the zip gives a page cannot be displayed error :S

Who's fault is that....mine i hope not,well do you like it.

dutch devill said:

First screen:no textures are used from blood,but a few from quake but i dont know which ones anymore damnit.
Second screen:Decontex...what the hell is that,i guess i havent use those i dont even know what it means.

Those bricks and that metal face most certainly are from Blood; even if you yourself didn't extract them from the game, the author of whatever source you got them from did.

Decontex is also known as deConstruct - have a look at this sample and you should recognize the texture on the left from your second screenshot.

NiGHTMARE said:

Those bricks and that metal face most certainly are from Blood; even if you yourself didn't extract them from the game, the author of whatever source you got them from did.

Decontex is also known as deConstruct - have a look,and you should recognize the texture on the left from your second screenshot.

Youre wright...damnit i didn't knew that sorry...so what happens now.
Btw:i didn't extracted textures from other games,i only used what i found on the internet,i just want to point that out.

The deConstruct textures are entirely free for public use, as that was their main intention. The Blood textures have been used in a couple of Doom add-ons before, and 3darchives were more than happy to accept them.

NiGHTMARE said:

The deConstruct textures are entirely free for public use, as that was their main intention. The Blood textures have been used in a couple of Doom add-ons before, and 3darchives were more than happy to accept them.

So it doesn't get rejected,it will be really dissapointing if it does because it will flush 2 monts of my free time down the tiolet :(

Its not rejected you can find it in the new stuff section now.
Ill give you the filename again for the lazy doomers out there.
Look for titan426 its unzipped about 6,5mb,you need zdoom for it.
Btw:here is the link to get there,for the lazy ones again...:)
Play me do it do it
And have fun.

Lutrov71 said:

Too many stealth monsters. Buyt it looks good. :)

Too many your got to be kidding,i only used a few of them and those i used where the weaker types.
Nothing stronger than a revenant is used as an stealth monster.
There are in total only six stealth revenants in my wad,de rest of them are all weaker ones.
No zombies are used as stealth monsters,most of the time you will encounter imps,demons,revenants as stealth ones.
I just like stealth,cause they scare the shit out of me as long there are not too many of them.

But im glad you liked my wad lutrov thanks for the feedback.

Xenophon said:

This is great, but it needs less ammo and less stealth revenants.

Got it thanks for your feedback xeno,but are six stealth revenants too many.
I just get the impression that nobody here likes stealth monsters,whats your opinion about this.
There is too much ammo laying arround youre wright,but i did that on purpose.

Stealthy ivan said
Looks good, congradulations you are now a mapper...

Thank you...and your opinion about stealth monsters is more than welcome too.

Stealth revenants are more annoying than stealth arch-viles IMO. I say you should only use stealth monsters in general very rarely and only on UV. Never use more than two stealth arch-viles or revenants at the same time, and if you're going to put a computer area map in your level, make all walls inside secret rooms have the "Hidden" flag set, else they become too easy to find and make the level easier than it already is.

Gave this a playthrough yesterday. Generally I think it plays quite well, and flows pretty nicely.

But... personally I think Stealth monsters suck and need to be used wisely if to be tolerable at all... and I don't think they're used very well here (especially the revenants). Also, whilst it does look quite nice, the detail hides pretty standard, squarish architecture. It's also pretty linear and there's far, far, far too much copy and paste, and nearly every area is symmetrical.

But still, I did enjoy playing through it, and the main battle with the cyber was well orchestrated.

Xenophon said:

and if you're going to put a computer area map in your level, make all walls inside secret rooms have the "Hidden" flag set, else they become too easy to find and make the level easier than it already is.

My goal was to make an easy wad,an sort of cool down wad.
Usually i do make secret rooms more harder to find,but not with this one.
Next one will be a whole lot harder to beat,thats a promise "ill be back" :D

The Flange Peddler said:

Generally I think it plays quite well, and flows pretty nicely.

The Flange Peddler said:

It's also pretty linear

Youre right :(

The Flange Peddler said:

and there's far, far, far too much copy and paste

Youre right again :(

The Flange Peddler said:

and nearly every area is symmetrical.

Youre right yet again :(

The Flange Peddler said:

But still, I did enjoy playing through it, and the main battle with the cyber was well orchestrated.

Thanks again :)

Patience You must have Young one. Much destruction has been seen by Haste.