Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Join Team Visplane Overflow!

I am starting a mapping team/clan because there doesn't seem to be many active teams around.
We are looking for people who have lots of talent mapping, coding or making graphics and textures.
The current members are Lutrov, Shtbag, Hobomaster, Cyber-Menace, DoomedAce, Stealthy Ivan, Agent Spork, Dr.Zin, Job, NMN, Psycho Siggi, SirTimberWolf Geedougg, Tormentor667, NokturnuS, Blackfish, FenderDude_89, Grubber, Jallamann, AndyTran, MasterofPuppets, etc. etc ;)
If you are interested in joining send me an e-mail at thomas@hoodooguru.com, notify me in this thread or send me a PM.
We will most likely get a domain and have a web-site, which will also have reviews, tutorials etc. which members can add.
The team has already started on a project, which you will be given information on if you are accepted on the team.
Also, if you can think of a good name for the team tell me. ;D

You'll get a reply from me tomorrow :) Sorry about the lateness, but I was sick :(

<grumpy old man's voice> Bah, you kids today and your "teams", when I was young we had to do it all ourselves and we LIKED it.</grumpy old man's voice>

So how many people are you lookin to have in this team??? Maybe this will be the next Team TnT!?
We just need some really good graphics editors and midi makers, I know your out there, come and join in!

Lutrov, I'll join Your team, but only after KDIZD is released. If You can cope with that and the fact a lot of people now dislike me ;) than I'm Your artist, tough I can be really slow at it, especially due to school work, however, art aside, I'm also a mapper :)

Nmn said:

Lutrov, I'll join Your team, but only after KDIZD is released. If You can cope with that and the fact a lot of people now dislike me ;) than I'm Your artist, tough I can be really slow at it, especially due to school work, however, art aside, I'm also a mapper :)

Well, you're in the team now, but you don't have to do anything until KDIZD is released. :)

and i'll be the team's arch nemesis, plotting against your projects and laughing maniacly e.g MUAHAHA, or MUA-HAHA-HAHARR! or even MOHOOHAAHAA!! etc.etc.

I might be interested provided there was some kind of project involved as opposed to a random collection of uber cool SP maps thrown in a wad...

I have a project I'd be willing to pitch if you wanna hear it... O;)

Chronoteeth said:

I can....XWE and DDF...

Can you send me a something you have done? Do you also make maps or graphics or anything?
Same with you Timberwolf. Send me something you have done.

Lutrov71 said:

Can you send me a something you have done? Do you also make maps or graphics or anything?

He only made a shitty weapon replacement, rips fucking graphics and is lazy as fuck. My recomendation-no.
:P
Ahh.. so satisfactoring.

Lutrov71 said:

We're looking for more experienced mappers/graphics people than you, sorry.

Just because someone sucks at applying ligthing effects & shading to their artwork doesn't necessarily mean that they are a totally incompetent n00b who can't have any partial involvements in any community projects.

I'm one of the mappers currently on Darkhaven's team, and yes I admit that when it comes to applying lighting effects & shading to my maps, I really really suck at that particular aspect of the design. But when it comes to other aspects of mapping...I'm good at coming up with original layouts, I'm good with height variations, I'm considerably decent at blending gothic + tech terrains, and I'm good with setting up traps and tripwires of sorts.

When I first uploaded my solo-effort JDOOM WAD to /Newstuff during the spring of 2004, I admit that I was feeling slightly nervous and afraid of being flamed and "boo"-ed. But when Grazza reviewed my work he gave me a thumbs up, told me that I've got fairly decent potential, and I earned a four-star rating.

I've seen Darkhaven's maps and I know that he's the kind of guy who likes to apply all of the tremendous detail at the very very last minute. that's not necesarily a bad thing. Everyone has their own approach to things.

Being the leader of this project, if you don't like his level of detail, you could still ask him to send you his work and then fix it up and do some minor finishing touches to it by yourself, giving credit both to you and to him for all the time and all the team effort. :)

Working on those cars you requested, Lutrov. Just don't expect the progress to be too fast. Work for the uni is killing me right now =P