Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Hell on Egypt

sitters said:

under the button game.

Really? All I get is a nice, big 404 page when I click Game...

You need to give me a moment to install and configure Doomsday. I've been waiting long for this level. Yay! Thx!

I played this a few hours ago. Very nice looking. Not clear at all times where you needed to go next, but I found it was always possible to work out how to make progress with a bit of trial and error and with the help of the automap. Some fairly good battles towards the end, but it seemed odd that the last stage was just routine mowing down of minor enemies (i.e. an anticlimax).

Not sure that everything was working quite right visually though - here and there I got motionless imp sprites used as decorations. Presumably they were meant to be models of some sort. This was with 1.7.14 (I'd followed the instructions precisely, and everything else looked correct).

It looks like a really cool level, but I'm getting the non-animated imp sprites as well as a few imps that seem to be stuck inside certain decorations...

I've also got an error everytime I've tried to run it that says...

"Glbsp Utility not found", then it tells me to make sure Doomsday is properly installed. I've tried the last two releases were Doomsday is concerned and I get the Glbsp errors with both of them.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

RE glBSP:

Download the latest Doomsday 1.8.6 and then open Kickstart, goto the misc tab and turn off "Launch glBSP and look for IWADs..."
Doomsday has had a built-in nodes builder for a few versions now so you don't need to run it.

Not sure that everything was working quite right visually though - here and there I got motionless imp sprites used as decorations.

I can't play the level atm (my vid card is borked) but it sounds like you have models disabled (but I can't be sure that's what the problem is).

DaniJ said:

it sounds like you have models disabled (but I can't be sure that's what the problem is).

No, models are enabled. The actual imps appear as the imp models. If you play with models disabled, then there are quite a lot of obvious visual problems.

Configuration Doomsday.

Kickstart 2.09

Model Replacement.
Weapon Replacement.
Skybox
Use external textures with all PWads.
Add command line –td2 c:\doomsday\data\jdoom\Textures1.
In the batchfile are all extensions for doomsday.
Doomsday version 1.8.6
Resolution 1024x768
Model directory in c:\doomsday (name directory models)
Wad directory in c:\doomsday ( name directory Wads)
Textures directory c:\doomsday\data\jdoom ( name directory Textures1).
Ded file’s are in wad .
Lores textures are in wad.
Increase memory size –maxzone to 64m.

I have playing (testing) it with Doom builder ( with extensions like the batch file ).
And I have play it with the kickstart.
All models are ok, no imp sprites.
Are there still problems, extract the ded file from the wad and use this stand alone.

The last stage of the game is easy, becource the port quit when I was making the climax ( very big model, so I must do research what the limits of the port are, so I can resolve it. on the next level.)

This wad is free for everybody do wat you like, use the models, hires Textures, add monsters rebuild it, use it for your wads.

Greetings.

The level looks good... nice textures.

One thing though,
why don't you put things in one compressed zip or pk3 file?
Doomsday reads normal compressed zip files know, if you just keep the folder structure intact inside the pk3/zip.

Yes the next level I use compressed files.
I was sitting with my head in the older version .

Greetings.

Very well done, it is beautiful map, I really like it :) One of the first JDoom maps which really look good and not are just for DD because of the graphical stuff!