Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Tearing apart.

Would it be possible to section off sectors of a zombie's model, for example, and give the sectors different HPs so you could blast (or cut with a chainsaw) parts of their body off?

I don't see why not.
But not without prehaps some coding here and there.*

*Unsure. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It would require seperate models for each part, and reworking of the ai to accmodate to changes in its anatomy (like what a commando would do without its hentai appendage)

Actually, it's already in there, but they use it to attach lamps and shit to lamp shades.

kristus said:

Actually, it's already in there, but they use it to attach lamps and shit to lamp shades.

Well, the potential is there anyway. The idea being pitched by Janderson is, of course, a bit more complicated than lamps and lamp shades. Either way, it seems feasible. I encourage someone who's capable of pulling this off to give it a try.

Well, thye had it in Both SoF and RTCW and it's basicly the same technique as with the lights, you bind a model to it, and to a special joint of the skeleton, it'll follow and stuff.

AI made for enemies compensating for a lost limb would be necessary. I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult, just tedious.

Hmmmmm, are there any free programs that could be used for this? Or are there any I could buy and which decent ones?