Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile

Kama Sutra Released

Sweet, I've been looking forward to this. I'll start on it after I'm done with my classes. Or coop it if people are interested at that point.

Played the first six maps and peeked at some of the later ones... seems like brilliant stuff. My exam results for next week will suffer :(

Grazza said:

It's already a good year for megawads, with this and the surprise package Armadosia released so far.

Yes! I have to get these right away.

TomD666 said:

You should upload this masterpiece to idgames ^_^

yeah, even if map30 causes it to go to /x-rated :P

sargebaldy said:

Are you supposed to be able to grab all 3 keycards right at the start of map02? Because I did :P

I think it's intended as a bit of a joke, since grabbing the keys doesn't make any difference to the route (the keys are useless - it's the linedefs around them that matter). I'm sure the authors, being compet-n players, would be well aware that the keys were grabbable.

Grazza said:

I'm sure the authors, being compet-n players, would be well aware that the keys were grabbable.

They also know that it's possible to skip those linedefs as well because of the end archvile. Run forward as he fires and he'll bounce you over the metal pillars. :)

heh, this is looking to be the first 32-level megawad I really like. I'm especially enjoying the Adolf Vojt maps, map03 being my favorite so far.

Vile said:

Run forward as he fires and he'll bounce you over the metal pillars. :)

I'd tried that, but without success. :(

Edit: there's no need to run though (one more for Stroller Pack 2, hehe).

If you jump into the blue key door on map08 is there any way to win :( I killed the archie..

edit: guess not, i just replayed the map :P i probably wouldn't make the greatest speedrunner.

Damn, now this is quality! I don't think I've had this much fun since I played the original "Hell Revealed"!!! GREAT job guys!

I've just got off playing it and it seems ok, nice if you like good hard maps. If hard maps aren't your bag then you should still play it, because a good lot of the maps are pretty nice to look at :)

I don't think they're all that hard. Lots of monsters but a lot of goodies to make up the difference. Quite often I finish the maps leaving a soulsphere or megaarmor behind.

Great wad.
map02 was like tricks and traps with... like... quality... and stuph.
insta-spawn impz = evil..
another good megawad... not from the 90s.

Since everybody seems to like it it means that I will be the first to criticise it:

Yes, the maps look great and the WAD would have been good if the makers had bothered to implement decent difficulty settings. Instead we get extremely hard, insane and completely insane. Too bad that all the fans of HR-style madness are apparently incapable of designing something that appeals to 'normal' players as well.

Sorry, in my book the gameplay of this WAD ranks as a dismal failure.

Thx for your messages..
I will creat mail account where u can send demos and put it to inet(page soon)
Megawad has a lot of tricks so good luck :)

Graf Zahl said:

Yes, the maps look great and the WAD would have been good if the makers had bothered to implement decent difficulty settings.

You fail it! Your skill is not enough.

Seriously I don't see why they have to cater for your playing ability (or inability).

Geez, that's pretty sad... Personally, I had no problem with the difficulty level... And this coming from a guy who tends to curl up into the fetal position and cry at the sight of HR-style .WADs (not really, of course - but they do tend to kick my ass). By the way, wow, these levels are pretty fun. They put the fun back in demon-slaughtering.

It's a very nice reading, I slowly started to lose my breath :)

I am sorry to players, the wad seems hard to play for. But just try to say to Method that you wanna have an easy wad :) The betatesters were simply too strong... and I think that's well as the megawads nowadays have to be a little challenge. I remember how much I improved my own skills playing HR, AV, HR2 and the similar ones.

About map02 tricks.. I dare to say I know about all of them. As in the whole wad.