Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

the best stories for wads....

sorry for all these questioning threads, but...

i was going through some wad text files and i stumbled upon this gold nugget of literateric brilliance...

"Lame story (tm)

Just before the demonic invasion a dear friend of you hid a great treasure in an abandoned storage area. Since he has got an dentist apointment, you are the one that have to make sure it doesn't fall into the hands of evil. As a good friend, he will help you via radio link. good luck."

Genius.
I <3 Engrish.

are there any other great stories out there for wads??

In your garden, you can sometimes see an angry looking fat dude steal your mushrooms. He's Smugla. Whenever he takes them, he leaps into a deep hole in the floor like a rabbit. You've never catched him. One day you think "Gee- I wonder why he lives in the ground?" So one day, taking your pistol to blow that mushroom stealer to bits, you jump down the hole. "Lets see how he enjoys my mushrooms now!"... Whatever that means. You hit the bottom of the hole, and you see the hole continue horizontally down. So you go down it, and hit a dead end. But then, you look up, and see another hole out "ha HA!" you retort. You climb out the hole, and look around- "Umm... where the hell am I?" You say, as you see the red skied, gold stared, tree covered, 7 frame per second frame rate world of Grove. You get out of the hole, and see Smugla's house infront of you, with HIS mushroom garden, which are really your mushrooms that he stole. You might as well take them. They are yours- even if it would anger him. Where is he anyway?

There is a map in his house, showing his X on it. Hmm. I wonder why he wants to go there? Well, he IS a trans-galactical mushroom stealer - maybe its a huge mushroom grove? or maybe an opportunity to get other mushrooms from other dimensions? Who knows. Do you? You do don't you- don't lie. Tell me- TELL ME!!

im not too fond of that story. i actually have a much better story for that wad but its too late now :(.

A cyberdemon has escaped from a lab, where they are trying to find his weakness. He was injured by a marine,which was made short work of, and he was trapped inside a illusio-pit. Your job is to find it, and kill it.

Nothing will ever top that.

scuba's post was my story i did for grove.wad. and i know it sounds like alice in wonderland, its why i dont really like it :(.

Foofoo said:

scuba's post was my story i did for grove.wad. and i know it sounds like alice in wonderland, its why i dont really like it :(.

Mr. Foofoo, that is one of the greatest Doom plots I have ever had the opportunity to read. I'm completely sincere when I say that too.
And if I ever have to pick a favorite, you already know what it is. <3

By the way, what did you originally have in mind for grove? I'm really curious.

EarthQuake said:

By the way, what did you originally have in mind for grove? I'm really curious.

for the story? oh, the one you just read. that was the original one. but then later on, like just after i finished making the thing, i came up with a better story that i liked :( . you might not like it though. It went something like, you died and god created a heaven for you, your own little world for you to live for eternity in (heaven). Everyone gets one of these when they die. What they are, are seperate little dimensions for each person.
Well one day, this alien (or demonic- whatever) race creates the technology to travel between their dimension and all the others that each person is assigned. So they enter these dimensions, these little universes, and take them over. Grove is just the story of them going into your universe after you died and having them take it over. But then again the story doesnt fit well with the whole mushroom garden beginning as much as the original story does.

see, told you you wouldn't like it.

After a hard nights driving about in the galaxy, your trusted space vessel
"Margie" runs out of fuel and you crash on some ugly planet.

Uhm... thats it I think.

Oh yeah; You have to kill stuff too.

kristus said:

After a hard nights driving about in the galaxy, your trusted space vessel
"Margie" runs out of fuel and you crash on some ugly planet.

Uhm... thats it I think.

Oh yeah; You have to kill stuff too.

9/10!!

kristus said:

Bah, you were on the team, so that was a bit cheating. :p

A "whole textfile" search in the idgames database finds it very easily, so it wasn't much of a challenge in any case.

You are MassMouth, intergalatic zeebloid of mystery. Well, not really. You were just an average zeebloid, woking at the local particle accelerator plant as a security guard. You know, trying to make an honest living.

Then one day (never saw the turn of events coming, didya?), you are approached by an out-of-towner. You can tell he's not from about here because he has two eyes and four arms. Anywho, he informs you that you have been selected to be the seventh member of an elite group of people lead by the infamous 'The Worm'.

The Worm is a big intergalatic collector. He likes to, uh, borrow, stuff from other planets. Anything that is of great value. So what he does is send his six workers, or whatever they like to be called, and they get him what he wants. This sounds kind of selfish on part of The Worm, but he treats all his employees very well. Paid vacations, free room and board, and a really sweet pension plan. Plus he has a ton of technology at his disposal, so if you ever get in any trouble you'll probably be saved by him anyway.

At any rate, since your security guard job is pretty much a dead end thing you accept The Worm's offer. The very next day you're on your way to his personal moon (he's that rich). Once you're there you're given a nice little room and even your very own high-quality energy-ray gun. Top of the line. Only the best. You're told to rest up because the next day you'll be meeting The Worm and getting your very first assignment.

The UAC was founded back in the early 60's for the sole purpose of helping to design the first space shuttle for NASA. After relocating their headquarters to the underground beneath New Mexico, they began experiments on time travel. You, a daring UAC board member/ex-Marine, volunteer to be the guinea pig for the first test, and get sent 200 years into the future - to when the UAC made their second mistake with portal technology.

There was one I found in like 1997 or 1998 with a 20 page (?) story about Barney and his evilness. I read the entire thing, it actually seemed well written to me (at the time).

I like 'Icarus: Alien Vanguard' storyline, though I do know not many are that keen on that particular mod...

Ariel.

That's right, nearly 2 years ago you defeated satan, now it is time to defeat Jesus! But first you must train at 4 different planets before rising up to heaven!

NMN: No offense but I seriously don't like the plot to defeat Jesus.

Without evil there can be no good, and therefore, once satan was defeated Jesus became corrupt. He became a soulless messiah without a cause, as his once great virtues turned to wealth and power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. He split into two Jesuses, a good one and a bad one. The bad one captured the good one and forced him into the jail of evil. Balance must now be restored to the force. It's all up to Captain Mancubus to be the fulcrum of good hope. He must save the good Jesus!

Lvangundy said:

There was one I found in like 1997 or 1998 with a 20 page (?) story about Barney and his evilness. I read the entire thing, it actually seemed well written to me (at the time).

holy crap I remember that. :o

It was something about Barney brainwashing kids to kill all the adults and then they would be his slaves, and he created mutant Barney's to control all the kids, and then when the boys reached the age of 13 they were decapitaded and their heads were left in front of the White House and the girls would be impregnated who would birth more mutant Barney's by bursting through their stomach cavity killing them, right?

If it is, I remember finding that story in some Doom wad compilation CD (Maybe it was D-Zone, I don't remember), but I didn't recall playing any wad related to that story. :/

Nice, someone else remembers that..I don't remember the details but that could be it.

Revenant100 said:

holy crap I remember that. :o

It was something about Barney brainwashing kids to kill all the adults and then they would be his slaves, and he created mutant Barney's to control all the kids, and then when the boys reached the age of 13 they were decapitaded and their heads were left in front of the White House and the girls would be impregnated who would birth more mutant Barney's by bursting through their stomach cavity killing them, right?

If it is, I remember finding that story in some Doom wad compilation CD (Maybe it was D-Zone, I don't remember), but I didn't recall playing any wad related to that story. :/