Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BattleCat

Music to Doom to..

Any music is good Doom music. Whatever floats yer boat, no one will usually hear it but you anyways, unless you got it cranked without headphones.

I usually listen to heavy stuff, black or death metal, to put me in the mood. Stuff like Cannibal Corpse, ZAO, Exhumed, Gorerotted, etc. get the blood going. Also, the black metal stuff, in particular the hard Century Media black metal bands. Also, some thrashier punk like Cancerslug is great for setting the scene. It's not all metal I listen to, but it sets me in the mindset Dooming requires. I stuff WAD's full of MP3's and play on Zdoom. No CD required. Also I listen to mods done by my dark ally Gutrot at : http://web.archive.org/web/20040212100906/http://gutrot.isterrible.tv/
Long ass address, but he gets death metal in MOD form excellently. Anyway, I'm babbling again, so I should shut the hell up.

I usually listen to my playlists consisting of death metal and goregrind bands such as Death, Carcass, Impaled, Exhumed, Blood Duster etc etc etc

oh, and yes, Gutrot's mods are the KING. Probably one of my favourite mod trackers (Cadaver, Axeslash and Grindire also are.)

Woot! Someone else knows about Gutrot's stuff! I love the metal mod stuff because it's way easier to pack into WAD's and goes faster on loading. Rock!

Side Note = Way To Go, Dumbass
2/23/05 - This day has pissed me off heavily and the joy continues when I have to go
out in the extreme cold to drag the dumpster back up to the house to throw away some
trash. I throw on my headphones and go on out (it's dark too!). I wait for my CD player
(Sony Walkman D-NE510, not exactly cheap) to start before I walk down to get it. The
CD I have in (Balzac, Japanese horror punk) shows up as the wonderful message "No disc".
I'm starting to get angry (my temper stays normal most of the time only to suddenly explode
into quasi-insane rage). It does it again. Anger grows. And again. I've had enough!
In a fit of idiotic rage, I hurl the CD player (headphones attached and on) on the sidewalk.
I immediately regret this. Let's take a look at just how much damage I've done:
- Balzac CD shattered against wall (the CD player skipped off the wall a bit)
- Headphones ($15) broken in 3 places
- CD player takes 90-120 seconds to load now and makes horrible grinding noises
- Realization of what I've done (priceless)
Say it with me now : WAY TO GO, DUMBASS!

I usually just load up a PSX, N64, or SNES music wads, i dont have a 3DO music wad, but id like to. I never listen to any bands.

Darkhaven said:

WAY TO GO, DUMBASS!

Yeah, sinking guilt and rage. It plays now, but leaves a solid field of scratches from the burn line of a CDR outward. Damn, I feel really really stupid.

Well, to relate to the topic, I once heard a song called "Them Bones" by a band called Alice in Chains, and the tune sounded very much like that of the one from Barrels o fun...

Doom-Child said:

OCRemix stuff works really well. That and the remixes listed on Doomworld's music page.

DC

YES! OverClocked has some awesome remixes there.

I especially like Gothic Sandy and Demonik Electronik.

Jasoco said:

I especially like Gothic Sandy and Demonik Electronik.

Oh hell yes. I'm sort of a freak about the E1M1 theme, so I've got like three mixes of it in my list. So good.

DC

Changing tack slightly, I used to listen to a lot of music whilst playing Quake; Brian Eno's 'An Ending' and Public Image Limited's 'Metal Box' on rotation. Doom is too cartoony for that sort of thing, and the PC's midi music fits the mood quite well. I have to say that the 3D0 music, which I've just been downloading from the Doom Depot, is very impressive, although the songs are too short and they don't seem to loop very well. The N64 and PSX ambient Doom music is nice to listen to in the car or whilst walking somewhere - indeed, if the dead were actually to rise from the grave and/or Earth was attacked by demons, I would probably prefer to listen to the PSX or N64 music whilst cutting loose with a Holland & Holland .450 Nitro Express and/or Purdey sidelock 10 gauge. If you think about it, other people are basically zombies, aren't they? God wouldn't notice if some of them went missing.

I never could get into Quake. Superior graphics be damned, DOOM is still king in my book. (I bought both Halo's and still can't get into them as much as I love DOOM.) Serious Sam is the only thing that comes close in my book. I could play that a lot too.

DOOM music still rules.

If only one could rip the weird-ass music outta Katamari Damacy, that would make one seriously cracked-out Doom experience.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Yea they are...
I have been listing to metal since the early 80s, dont tell me they are not black metal, they even call there own band black metal...
I doubt you have ever seen them back in the day?

Dimmu Borgir isnt black metal. They might call them selfs black metal but there not. Its like bands like Blink 182 calling them selfs punk. Real black metal is bands like Bathory,Darkthrone and Mayhem. Real black metal has no keybords or orchestras. As for seeing them back in the day. I went to one of there shows when Enthone Darkness Triuphant was Dimmus newist cd.

The music I doom to is eather dooms sound track or what ever cd is in my cdrom at the time.

Slayne said:

If only one could rip the weird-ass music outta Katamari Damacy, that would make one seriously cracked-out Doom experience.

It can be found on the internet if you look hard enough.

I can't even begin to imagine playing DOOM to that though.

The Katamari Damacy soundtrack is available. It's called Katamari Damacy Fortissimo. Hawt stuff.

DC

Doom-Child said:

The Katamari Damacy soundtrack is available. It's called Katamari Damacy Fortissimo. Hawt stuff.

DC

Yes, but living in the US, the import costs on that CD total up to MORE THAN THE DAMN GAME. $30.

Hey, I dont know about you, but for me, the only song DOOM worthy is, of course, Thriller by Jacko, "Hee Hee!"

Jasoco said:

It can be found on the internet if you look hard enough.

I can't even begin to imagine playing DOOM to that though.

I've tried (to find it on the internet, not play Doom to it), but to no avail... other than a 500MB BitTorrent thing. I sit on a slow modem, and won't waste a full CDR for 500 megs of one CD.

OMG! how could you not listen to the doom soundtracks while playing?! they are sweet sweet! E1M8 for example! thats as sweet as they come....sweet