Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

Need Machinegun Graphics

I am making a new weapons mod, which is almost complete, and I need some machinegun graphics that don't suck. The Shadow Warrior uzi is forbidden and I refuse to take anything else from Immoral Conduct. (I used a miniscule bit of code from ICD and another from Don's Challenge). Any ideas?

The Weapons Emporium is a little too cartoony for my purposes right now.

EDIT: No, fuck it, I've just found something to do. Thread can be closed.

Instead of a mchinegun, I'm using the SOCOM pistol from the weapons emporium and giving it a real laser-sight. It's the last weapon to do. It's one of the few bullet-weapons in the mod, seeing as the mod is mostly comprised of magical-type weapons.

Add another hand under it, and make it a SOCOM autopistol. THAT would rock. And of course add reload anims. I'm guessing this is for EDGE(as you said you took code from ICD and don's challenge)?

Yep, it's for EDGE. Weapons Mods for ZDoom are for failures :D

Before it's released (fairly soon) I have to do some touching up of the Holy Hand Grenade artwork. I loves the holy hand grenade.

Fiend said:

Weapons Mods for ZDoom are for failures :D

Well, even if they are to you, Zdoom's DECORATE weapons system is almost finished, and when reloading and alternate attacks are finished, it'll be equal to DDF and stuff. Why the heck do I keep bringing this up? Oh, well. Try and ignore me. :P

Either way, the weapons sound really cool! I'm looking forward to the release of this mod!

Fiend said:

Yep, it's for EDGE. Weapons Mods for ZDoom are for failures :D

To each his own, I guess, but honestly I could care less what port a mod is for, provided that [A] the port will run on my computer, and [B] the mod is fun to play. That is to say, EDGE is certainly not my preferred "general Doom-playing" port, but I play it anyway because it's easy to make mods for it (and it's home to Immoral Conduct, about the coolest mod out there).

Fiend said:

for fucks sake, it was a joke.

you wrote not enough ":D"s ...

anyway don't show anything to CTeeth, he will surely use it in his mod never-to-get-done :D

ellmo said:

anyway don't show anything to CTeeth, he will surely use it in his mod never-to-get-done :D

eh? He released a couple of weapon packs lately. The first one was called "shitty mechinegun replacement". Promising name. /looks at thread's title. Irony? :)

I just uploaded the mod to /newstuff. It is sitting in incoming at the moment. Should be up tommorow.

Official Doom Armory Mini-Review

First, I'd like to point out the #CLEARALL command to remove all the original weapons from the lineup. Put it at the beginning, after the <WEAPONS> tag.

Your weapons are, for the most part, unique. The melee weapon was rather entertaining ("This calls for divine intervention!"), but was ruined somewhat by the original Doom punch sound. The guitar on Slot 9 was particularly entertaining, as was the voodoo doll (I didn't think one could be done convincingly, though the idea seems incredibly obvious to me now that I've seen it). Sounds work pretty well for their respective weapons, aside from the auto-Socom (that's probably the worst silencer sound I've ever heard). Graphics are also rather nifty, and I commend you for the creative modification of Heretic's crossbow.

It's good - but the #CLEARALL command would be really useful here.

I added the clearall command and re-uploaded. Then, I realized that I'd accidentally uploaded the wad and not the zip. Then I uploaded the zip. Now, I'm going to kill my own useless ass... uploading the wad... *grumbles*

One day Ty is going to come to my house and castrate me for the crap I do to /incoming.