Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WhiteRecoil

First person shooters and the media.

I've seen the media blame games like Doom on the violent acts of teenagers in america, headlines like "Kid kills school mates because of Doom game" etc. I am really tired of people blaming all game fans on the violent nature of america's youth, and the kids who make other people look bad because of a game they play, ::cough::Eric Harris::cough:: but it really peeves me that we even see it today. What are your thoughts on this matter?

This has been discussed many times before here, and pretty much everybody seems to agree that the media is full of crap.

Pardon me while I heave a Hadoken at Senator Leiberman (for the millionth time), then promptly fire some plasma bolts at him and press R to reload. All of the above are impossible in reality; hence, the media is indeed full of crap for suggesting that people are influenced by these games.

gargoylol said:

Doom didn't teach me firearms

Mario did.

Mario trained me to be a no-holds-barred serial killer.

Heh, Mario taught me to eat mushrooms and step on small creatures... :P

Liebermann is a fruit. The one thing I like about these fiascos is the fact that nobody outside of a small group of narrowminded radicals takes it seriously, and that's why nobody ever imposes bans like these.

it goes like this reason why theres idiots to begin with is cause of parents, u have 2 crackheads make love then make baby what do u think the larva will turn out like?? lets think about that one hmmm an IDIOT, maybe like eric harris, no thats not an idiot thats a fuckn reject. maybe if the parents didnt let there kids play with guns at a young age, i swear eric harris parents should be sued just for mixing there genes and creating an abomination for the earth, Senator Leiberman needs to suck dick or go back to church and suck church dick or somthin, if he really is tryn to ban game gore im gonna shit blood for a year and put in in ballons so i can toss it at his car or his face.

MORBIDTWATT said:

it goes like this reason why theres idiots to begin with is cause of parents, u have 2 crackheads make love then make baby what do u think the larva will turn out like?? lets think about that one hmmm an IDIOT, maybe like eric harris, no thats not an idiot thats a fuckn reject. maybe if the parents didnt let there kids play with guns at a young age, i swear eric harris parents should be sued just for mixing there genes and creating an abomination for the earth, Senator Leiberman needs to suck dick or go back to church and suck church dick or somthin, if he really is tryn to ban game gore im gonna shit blood for a year and put in in ballons so i can toss it at his car or his face.

It seems your post has been put through Babelfish 22 times.

MORBIDTWATT said:

if he really is tryn to ban game gore im gonna shit blood for a year and put in in ballons so i can toss it at his car or his face.

amazing

MORBIDTWATT said:

4-year-old boy shoots brother, 2, after argument http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3082257

MORBIDTWATT said:

A block of incomprehensible text

Why is this person allowed to live?

MORBIDTWATT said:

it goes like this reason why theres idiots to begin with is cause of parents, u have 2 crackheads make love then make baby what do u think the larva will turn out like?? lets think about that one hmmm an IDIOT

This isn't the story about how you were born, is it?

AgentSpork said:

This isn't the story about how you were born, is it?

actually yes this is a story of how idiots are born and i am an idiot, my folks are just horrible im there ultimate idiot, people that are smart atleat help evolution out by making smart babys not downgrades like eric harris or idiots such as myself i hope i die soon by the hands of an angry man made of marshmellows so that my death would be as painless and sweet as possible plus soft as a pillow.

destx said:

Why is this person allowed to live?

i ask myself that everyday after i was able to come up with my first opinion in elementry school when i was told not masterbate or hump my desk. wow 1980s really sucked 90s was just horrible to me and the new millenuim didnt allow me to bungie jump off my backyard like the jetsons did on acid that one episode..my life ultimately sucks and i deserve to die but not by my own hands im to much of a coward

fodders said:

4-year-old boy shoots brother, 2, after argument http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3082257

fodders i love u, see people, storys like this is what gives 420 a bad name or a good time in the day to smoke a bowl andf forget how retarded humankind really is or how retarded "i" am. guns ultimately should be band and shovel haircuts should be hack in style 70 ultimately rocked \. lets take a time to recap on some history with this 2yr old retard that should never been born or learn what a wheel was this could have made him the antichrist

2-year-old was in critical condition tonight at Ben Taub Hospital with a single gunshot wound to his temple. The incident happened about 4:20 p.m. at a home in the 5500 block of Gatewood near South Post Oak Boulevard.

agin with the 420 u know eric harris killed 13 folks on 420 on the 4th month the 2th day of that month at the time 420 did u know hitler was born on 420 at the time 420 did u know i was smoking a fucking bowl of crack at 420 tryn to forget my shitty life for a few, parents really suck and kids without parents are just ultimately dangerous, they need a rolemodel as well as a cage if there left alone. as for smart kids i thank ur folks for having eggs that never touched a ciggerrettee or a beer or drank mountain dew that fucked up ur sperm or took a prozac that created a sckitsoprhenic baby of hellspawn. thank ur parents for thinking ahead and really planning out on having a child instead of just pointless sex and not love magic..people with a dick for a mind need to go to africa and get aids and ultimately die

MORBIDTWATT said:

did u know i was smoking a fucking bowl of crack at 420 tryn to forget my shitty life for a few

This is genius

Back to the issue at hand, and not bashing morbid twats; I recently purchased Manhunt and it is quite easy to see how an easily influenced person could get the idea that killing is cool.

The killings in this game are actually quite fun, but the deaths get rather repetitive. This repeated playing of the same death scenes over and over causes brainwashing. Of course the murderer last year was watching these scenes every hour of every day and when his parents kicked him out of the house, he went round to his friend's (victim's) house to play some more. On top of that he abused drugs and had serious anger/home issues.

The media isn't shit, it just isn't telling it right; it says that all this could happen to normal people when it actually only happens to these psychological disasters.

I think its kind of funny when they blame old games that have no baring on reality...

Which is closer to our reality (from 'violent' games)
Doom/Doom2
Wolf 3d

My little take on it:
I dont understand how anyone can honestly connect a person (adult or otherwise) playing Doom to shooting up a place... If anything Wolf3d should be at fault! I mean come on, you are KILLING HUMAN BEINGS in that game... bang bang, the human dies...
In doom, you fight the spawn of hell, see impaled/skinned bodies all over the place and kill zombies... >_>
O_o
Retarded shit I swear

Meh, so what. Religion, Cannabis and Politics are done to death in every forum, from 'lol t33ns' (<- made up ->) to 'The Genius' Public Display of Superior Lexicon.' Media deserves it's place in our internet archive of overused themee. For all those who say we come to the same conclusion; it is like that for any topic:

Media = Bad
Weed = Good
Religion & Politics = Some for, some against (minor to major flames - garuanteed).

What we need is an Anti-Media FPS. The media has waived their right to safety since their shit stopped qualifying as journalism. Shoot 'em all! Starting with Fox News. Really, I'm not joking in the least bit. Kill Fox News. I'm not being the least bit sarcastic. I swear, honest. Also, I'm the King of Kazakstan.