Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

What is your favorite SP single level wad?

Just feel free to tell everyone your favorite wad here. The only requirement is that you tell which source port it runs on. Mine? It would be xxx.wad (you won't find it because it is not finished yet) and it runs on zdoom using plutonia.wad graphics.

Probably "The City Of The Damned" by Tormentor

That's pretty stupid. Your favorite map is a map you haven't even beaten. Personally, I found "The City of The Damned" to have some really dull gameplay.

As far as my favorite single SP map, I'd probably have to go with THIS.

Yes, your suggestion is a great map too.
I think that one may love a WAD he didn’t finish because it’s too hard, he may love just the eye candy… why not? Some players enjoy creating weak avatars in WoW just to appreciate the eye candy of the game.

AgentSpork said:

That's pretty stupid. Your favorite map is a map you haven't even beaten. Personally, I found "The City of The Damned" to have some really dull gameplay.

At least it's not linear! :P

Right now I'm thinking grove but I might think of something else in a sec.

Maybe Decade by Russel_P. That was great. Also 'thespire' or something I played recently in Newstuff. That was really good too.

Epyo said:

Right now I'm thinking grove but I might think of something else in a sec.

no you won't. you LOVE Grove. Everyone LOVES Grove.
LOVE. OBEY. HAPPY. BE HAPPY. FREEDOM. OBEY.

Ther´re alot of cool maps I can think of rightnow, but I´ll propably chose map26 of scythe (though it´s not a single map wad :p).
I just love the hordes of monsters and how the map works together with the great music!

AgentSpork said:

That's pretty stupid. Your favorite map is a map you haven't even beaten.

Well, just because I haven't beaten it by playing fair yet, doesn't mean that I didn't scan the overall perimeter by using IDCLIP.
I blazed through it with IDCLIP to check things out, and I saw plenty of good texturing and plenty of detail which gave me lasting impressions.

AgentSpork said:

As far as my favorite single SP map, I'd probably have to go with THIS.

You actually like my map,well that makes me feel very good thanks man,there is another map in production btw.

Graf Zahl said:

At least it's not linear! :P

Can somebody explain why so many players dislike linear maps like mine

Well, for whatever reason people like there being more than way to accomplish tasks or get to new areas in map, so as to up the replay value. I like a bit of nonlinearity, but for the most part I could care less.

Meh, I have had people call my maps linear. Well, that's because they are.

I like to make them linear,don't ask me why i do this.
These are just my editing habbits i have learned myself long ago.
You can say that linear wads is my style,and personally i like to make them for the most part linear.
I will try to change my habbits on my new wad but i can't promise anything.
Making a good wad isn't as easy as it seems.

Make your levels the way you would like them to be, not the way others feel they should be. I don't make my maps to satisfy the needs of others, but rather for myself. Although I do like to get feedback from others on my creations, there are some things I will not change about my style just because some people do not like it (for instance, the linearity of my maps, for the most part).

Anyways, this is getting a little bit too off topic.

I have a wad that i need to get from a floppy disk to a CD-RW so i can upload it. It will be my first wad uploaded, but not my first wad made. My first wad made was filled up to its head in bugs. The wad I am planning to upload looks like an 1996, smells like an 1996 and feels like an 1996 but I made it in the summer of 2004. I liked it. It is an doom2 wad with a wood|metal theme filled with courtyards. Once I get my first reply regarding difficulty I will be able to correctly judge my other maps. It is called woodmet.wad and that may be my favorite doom2 wad.

Action Doom is the definition of a linear wad, yet many people liked it.

I'd have to say Void. It's a good change in Doom's gameplay. I downloaded ZDoom just to play that when searching through the Top 100 Wads...

Nightmare Doom said:

Wow.wad

Let me send you my first 10 wads. You'll find them much more interesting.

dutch devill said:

You actually like my map,well that makes me feel very good thanks man,there is another map in production btw.

Try making alternate routes with their own advantages and disadvantages. make the player think.
Do i take the path with a few imps or the path with the trap megasphere? personally i do not know. my wad in progress has a LOT of alternate routes. you can skip the megasphere if you wanted to and face the monsters in the trap without it, its the players choice. But don't take a teenagers lecture too seriously. :)

doom2day said:

Let me send you my first 10 wads. You'll find them much more interesting.

Your joke detector fails it.