Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agnes

Horsehead Demon

I posted the pencils for this one a while ago. Now it's done, although I'm not completely satisfied and will probably play around with it a bit more. Any ideas?

Click

Wow. I'm really hard-pressed to think of any way you could improve that. The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps a bit more detailing on the skull? Heh, I'm not sure what the deal is with the cross though.

The arm with the cross seem a bit short. But that might just be the angle.

Well, TBH both arms seem to short... and a bit weird, like the elbow appears to be almost by the wrist instead of at the middle of the arm. Of course, this is not a creature that seem to be under the laws of human fysique.. :p

REALLY well done.
I doubt enlongating the arms could make it any more kreey than it aleady is.

I know it would kill the mood to make a model for d3 or anything, but thinking about that makes me wonder how this thing moves, if at all.

Slayne said:

Badass. Officially my new wallpaper.

I know what you mean... but at that res?

Great!

Any ideas?

1: Maybe you could add some color. 2: The balance seems a bit off. With this I mean; all the interesting stuff (head and crucifix) is on the left side of the picture. You could try elongating the left side of the picture. Perhaps show us what the dead horse is looking at...

I found the thread to the pencils version, but the link was dead to it. could you please post it for us again?

Jehar said:

I know what you mean... but at that res?

Worth it even at that res. Plus anything on its hosting site. Badassedness occurs.

Bad to the BONE! Get it? Bad to the...nevermind, great work as usual Agnes.

Agnes, You seem to be using plenty of the smooth brush. Do You share the idea of scaling the picture x2 (like 1024x768) and then rescaling it for a more browser-and-faster loading image to let's say 640x480 ?

kristus said:

The arm with the cross seem a bit short. But that might just be the angle.

Well, TBH both arms seem to short... and a bit weird, like the elbow appears to be almost by the wrist instead of at the middle of the arm.

I think it's because of the angle in the first place. His arms are in angle and perspective and stuff.

Very well done, Agnes. I would agree that the arms do come off looking too short, but the disproportion adds to the piece rather than taking away from it in my opinion.

Nmn said:

Agnes, You seem to be using plenty of the smooth brush. Do You share the idea of scaling the picture x2 (like 1024x768) and then rescaling it for a more browser-and-faster loading image to let's say 640x480 ?

I think it's because of the angle in the first place. His arms are in angle and perspective and stuff.

I am sure Agnes who seem to know what she's doing is drawing this image at a resolution of about 4000x4000 atleast, and she probably use the brush tool mainly and just use softer brushes to get the color transitions smoothed out. The smear and smooth tool isn't very good.

And about the arms, I could redline the image if I cared, but I don't. It's not the angle. Cause the right arm is seen in profile, and the angle of the left arm isn't great enough to warrant that ammount of shortening. So either she wanted the right arm and the lower left arm to be freakishly short, or she made a booboo.
But considering the hugeness of the skull and the spine and how small the rest of the body appears to be, I am assuming that she wanted the arms to be that small. This is no ordinary creature after all.

Cool...

It looks like a dead mystic; yet those'd turn to dust with their counterparts when dead.

Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

Here's the pencils version :)

m0l0t0v said:

1: Maybe you could add some color. 2: The balance seems a bit off. With this I mean; all the interesting stuff (head and crucifix) is on the left side of the picture. You could try elongating the left side of the picture. Perhaps show us what the dead horse is looking at...

Well, I tend to go with variations of a single tone when I work with these detailed pencil drawings. However, in this case, these variations may be even too subtle to account for different color calibrations of other monitors (at least that was the case with my parents' old CRT). Hm. I did already add a bit of space to the left side, and I was hoping that the space in the top-right corner and the bottom-left would balance each other out. I didn't give the composition much thought initially, I'm afraid :\

The full size image is something like 7000 x 5000. Much too big, really, so I suppose I rushed it a bit in the end. The point is, I'm sure I could make a more desktop-friendly one :)

As for the arms, I did make a booboo. Even though I tend to take a few artistic liberties when I work with demons and such, I try to get the anatomy right so that I won't get too sloppy. I've tried to be more accurate with the next one.

I've tried to exaggerate the pointy ends of the skull to make it look more evil. The arm doesn't seem to have much weight compared to the rest of the body, so I'll try to fix that. For the rest of the body, I'm open to suggestions :)

That looks kickass too, but i thought the skull was spot on. it didnt need to look extra-evil. The subtle eye sockets and the mouth really did that on its own. but its all good.