Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

When you had to live in a doom level......

When you had to live the rest of your life in one of the original doom 1 or doom 2 levels, which one would you choose?
(You will have unlimited food and fresh water resources!)
Please with reason why.

EDIT: Some detailed rules...
You tell me one single map from original doom 1 (episode 1 to 4) or doom 2 (map01 to map32). Ill put you on the list.
Then you may build a map out of the original map that would suit you, eg: adding a couch and TV-Set in your living room, adding a bed and a locker(?) in your supposed bedroom and so on.
If you have to share the map with someone else then get together designing the map.
Please dont make new rooms on the maps, use the rooms as they exist.
Another thing would be removing the monsters, this isnt a must tough.

Mine would be MAP27 "Monster Condo" because it has this nice little libary, it has some places to hide and you can sunbath in the "arena" area.

Doom Neighborhood

E1M1 - Gu-X, SSWolfenSie, Apdoshell and Stealthy Ivan
E1M2 - DD_133, geekmarine and TheDarkArchon
E1M3 - dutch devill and Mogul
E1M4 - DooMBoy 
E1M5 - Ralphis
E1M6 - Chrono_T
E1M7 - DoomDan, Ubik and Pete The Padre
E1M8 - destx
E1M9 - Submerge

E2M1
E2M2 - Lord FlatHead, EarthQuake, WildWeasel, nightice and Captain Red (What a crowded place ;) )
E2M3
E2M4 - Relica Religia
E2M5
E2M6
E2M7 - chilvence
E2M8
E2M9

E3M1
E3M2
E3M3 - DemonDemon and MasterOFDeath
E3M4
E3M5
E3M6 - DoomedAce, Haloless0320 and Lutrov71
E3M7 - Mivalekan
E3M8
E3M9 - Darkhaven

E4M1
E4M2
E4M3
E4M4
E4M5
E4M6
E4M7 - Job
E4M8 - Xenophon
E4M9 - DuduCrazy

MAP01 - FragMan!, Twiztid and  Sgt_BFG
MAP02
MAP03 - lerner
MAP04
MAP05
MAP06
MAP07 - Infinite Ammunition, Danarchy, player and balanco01
MAP08
MAP09
MAP10
MAP11
MAP12 - DarkJedi188
MAP13 - Nmn
MAP14
MAP15 - Kristian Ronge
MAP16 - Uncle 80
MAP17
MAP18 - Xaser
MAP19 - Use3D
MAP20
MAP21
MAP22
MAP23
MAP24 - Revenant100
MAP25 - Combustable
MAP26
MAP27 - BastetFurry and DumbSCRIPTguy
MAP28 - Vader and Azriel
MAP29 - Foofoo
MAP30 - doom2day
MAP31 - Combine, CyberDemonHunter and Comiclez
MAP32

Interesting..

I'd live in map 13.. Downtown. Very innovative eh :P

E1M2, big, open, gots some windows, and a massive computer area which probably holds alot of data and stuff. ^_^

I would probably pick Level 09: Refueling Base, or Level 11: Industrial Zone, or Level 14: The Factory.
Damn how I love those places. They have plenty of vast empty spaces for roaming around. And they are perfect for playing hide-and-go-seek. I'd invite people over to play hide-and-seek tag with me.
It would be loads of fun :)

Nmn said:

Interesting..

I'd live in map 13.. Downtown. Very innovative eh :P

Then I'll move to map 16, the suburbs. Nice and quiet neighborhood to live in, as long as you don't do anything stupid like stealing someone's blue key.

I really wouldn't mind residing in Vesparas from Final Doom (PSX, because I like the lighting. Subterra, Subspace, Combine or Catwalk were aesthetically pleasing too. Dunno why, but I just really liked that first part of PSX Final Doom.

DarkJedi188 said:

I would probably pick Level 09: Refueling Base, or Level 11: Industrial Zone, or Level 14: The Factory.

Level 09: The Pit
Level 11: O of Destruction/Circle of Death
Level 14: Industrial Zone
Just FYI :)

I'd live in E1M4. There'd be plenty of places to explore, as well as the maze if you needed somewhere to wander around in or if you needed to go somewhere to unwind and think and the place where you get the blue key would have plenty of storage room.

DooMBoy said:

Level 09: The Pit
Level 11: O of Destruction/Circle of Death
Level 14: Industrial Zone
Just FYI :)

*sigh* Map14 is Inmost Dens, and map15 is Industrial Zone.

For me, I would live in map19, the Citadel.

Uncle 80 said:

Then I'll move to map 16, the suburbs. Nice and quiet neighborhood to live in, as long as you don't do anything stupid like stealing someone's blue key.

LOL!!!

Personally, I don't find there to be any maps in Doom or Doom II that I could be comfortable in (I'm slightly agoraphobic in real life). Many are too big, but if I had to spend the rest of my life in one of these maps, I would like to have something to do to keep me entertained.

Let me get back with you.
EDIT: Containment Area, just because of all those boxes that need opening. There's gotta be something good in them. Plus I could make a cardboard box maze if it came down to it. :o

Btw, neat thread.

Level 30
Who does'nt love living next door to pure evil?
Something to do!? Level 30 has a lot of that! ;)

I once modelled a house after Tricks'n'Traps for an art class, so that's probably the one I'd pick. Surprisingly, it did convert to an incredibly practical house layout. The teacher said the lack of halls in favor of a central entry octagon was very original ^^

I could become a bishop and move to Map19.

How about map31? You get to eat gruel every day, sleep on the cold floor, and have Nazis torture you all day long.

If I lived in E3M3, I could do anything I want, and no-one would stop me.

Map25 would provide me with an endless supply of cherry fruit punch; just hold out your cup and drink up.

So, i "modded" Monster Condo a bit ;)
Its not completed yet, but its ~1 o clock midnight over here.

Maybee we could make a megawad out of this, everyone modeling his new doom home out of one of the maps ^-^

Download mynewhome27.zip

Wow what an interesting concept, I would say E1M1, why? The level is basically one big circle so to entertain myself I would run around all day jumping through the window and running around back to the secret door. Plus 40 years down the road I can violantly commit suicide in the acid becasue of sheer insanity of the exit door not working.

Well, if you know me, it would have to be Wolfenstein(Doom II level 31). First of all, it's a castle, private torture chambers and cells, secret rooms full of treasure, armour, everything! Great level, perhaps my favorite.

E1M8 - nice indoor area. Two bedrooms, a lounge, and a HUUUUGE front lawn - with a nice view of the mountains.

Look at my first thread, i made a list out of every post that i can make sense from.
For all those who couldnt decide, decide and i put you on the neigborhood list.

@Scuba Steve: There is no spoon and either there is a MAP33 ;)

Probably Plutonia map32, remake of map01 of doom2 big HELLA bigger, and has a massive backyard!

(yeah It's not doom1 or doom2, meh.)

Doom2 map28; The spirit world!
IΒ΄d sit on that throne all day, consuming some of the tasty goodys (megasphere, ivulnerability...). I would be guarded by all the spiders, living in that big cave in front of my hall.

If that doesnΒ΄t prevent nasty neighboors to tease me, thereΒ΄s alway that switch to lower these pillars and release my personal pets (Archie and hell knights) ;)