Find results in...
Sharessa

Liver Failure Enthusiasts, Vote!

What's your poison?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your poison?

• Whiskey
    • Rum
    • Flavored Liqours (Schnapps, Malibu, etc.)
    • Vodka
    • Beer
    • Wine
    • Yuppie Drinks (Martinis, Daquoris, Pina Coladas, etc.)
    • Cocktails (White Russians, Mudslides, etc.)
    • Other
    • I am a teetotaler

Since there is a tobacco version of this, I thought alcohol would be in order. Personaly, I like flavored drinks and cocktails since I drink to have fun, not just to get fucked up.

Whack for my daddy-o, there's whiskey in the jar!
(and I'm not talking Jack D or any of that bourbon crap, I'm talking scotch, oak-barreled-with-a-distinct-taste-of-tar-and-smoke whiskey)

Occasionally, Rum and Coke. Excellent mix.

EDIT:

Damn, I forgot the Chatreuse and Absinthe. But those are reserved for those kind of nights Danarchy doesn't like :)

Whatever tastes nice without totally cancelling the alcohol taste (kinda feels like a melted ice cream in that case).

I've never been drunk, I really like the taste, so I keep it to a minimum. A drink or two per week, never fails to taste nice. I've had enough watching my friends do stupid shit or stopping them from or cleaning vomit to ever want to get drunk.

Warmed sake, plum wine, or very strong margaritas. I would love to try straight tequila. But my favorite is warm sake. My girlfriend seems to like Pina Colladas, though.

I don't drink very much, but I like beer...

Try this one, it's a typical drink here:

1.- Heat some water, add cinnamon sticks, sugar and a very little lemon. Boil until water turns brown. Take the cinnamon sticks out.
2.- Take some sugar cane rum (aguardiente)
3.- Mix at a 1 - 1.3 rate (1.3 being te water)
4.- Serve warm
5.- Drink
6.- Repeat

Send me a message when you try it.

Danarchy said:

Since there is a tobacco version of this, I thought alcohol would be in order.

Good call, my friend. :)

Whisky, Vodka or Rum. If I'm drinking beer, I chase it with one of those three. I've had many a good times with 'em. Wine at a nice meal. I've gotten two drinking tickets though, so I keep it on a minimum. All it all I'd rather get high.

Haha, I'd have to go with flavored drinks... a) I do drink to get fucked up (not, say, to the point of throwing up, but still...) and b) I can't stand the taste of alcohol. Therefore, I need something that's easy to drink - and yet at the same time, whatever it is, I usually end up just chugging. Wow, never thought I'd say that.

I have to wonder why they make anything other than Guinness and grain alcohol. Ooh, sorry your poison doesn't taste like mint or bananas. Suck it up, bitches.

Don't really like the hard stuff. I prefer beer, especially hefe-weizen like Paulaner or Franziskaner (which does actually have some banana taste to it).

Numbermind said:

I have to wonder why they make anything other than Guinness and grain alcohol. Ooh, sorry your poison doesn't taste like mint or bananas. Suck it up, bitches.

Well, like my friend once told me, "As long as you're fuckign your body up, you might as well have fun doing it, so drink whatever you like".

On that note, why the Hell is beer leading? In my (admitedly small) experience, beer tastes like watered-down piss and doesn't get you very drunk. :P

Beer is grand. I'm a big fan of most ales and stout, Guinness being a favourite. Lager is just watered piss most of the time (your Budweiser, MGD, etc), but there are some (Heineken...er...and other imported ones) which are good. Also Dan, the little alcohol content in beer lets you drink many over the course of the evening/day/whateveryoureinto and get cumulatively more drunk as you go. It stretches happy time by more than 5 fold!

I am not a fan of sweet alcohol really.. the sugar really hurts me the morning after. I love Gin, especially with tonic or in a dry martini.. Vodka only in the james bond-esque martini, and Scotch -not Rye or Bourbon- neat or on the rocks. Rum is like liquid candy to me, so I avoid it.

Wines are good too, I almost prefer a dry white now, I guess i've been subjected to too much of my parent's red plonk :p

Also, had a horrible experience with Jagermeister my first time really drinking (18 shots of the stuff, New Years 2003), I couldnt drink it for the longest time afterward.

Danarchy said:

They may need something that's not frozen solid.

Harder alcohols dont freeze ;)

wow, not a mention of bourbon.

I'm game with any liquor. Beer and wine taste horrid to me. I haven't tried a liquor I don't like yet.

Danarchy said:

They may need something that's not frozen solid.

Jägermeister wont turn to ice in a refrigator.
Try it out and taste it.
There is nothing better than iced Jägermeister ^.^

iori said:

Also, had a horrible experience with Jagermeister my first time really drinking (18 shots of the stuff, New Years 2003), I couldnt drink it for the longest time afterward.

Hehe, did it hit like a jackhammer? Then it was the right stuff!

Yes, it hit :'( The stuff I had was Room Temperature however. Next time I have it i'll chill it.

Here's a map where I try to classify various alcohols. I'm not sure exactly how accurate it really is.
I mostly just don't like the stuff in the bottom right.