Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

[newproject] Doom Chronicles

I'd rather not have to close this thread.

Oh, and how about Nightfall (as opposed to Twilight)?

There's already a wad called Nightfall (an ancient single map with I believe was the first night sky ever made).

Still, having the same name as another wad shouldn't be really bad, particularly if the other wad is really old and/or relatively unknown (we've seen it a few times before now, and we even had two wads called Phobos Outpost in the same newstuff a while ago...) Like others have said, it's up to you.

Anyway, how about "DooM: The Twilight Chronicles"? A nice combination of everything.

GooberMan said:

*yawn*

I'm going to say some of my own personal philosophies on map making and game designing in general. It's not a troll, just things that have worked for me.

* If you need to ask people what to do to differentiate your project from others, you shouldn't try to be different. You're project is all about controlling a marine army and a demon army, which is already different. I'm biased towards ZDoom, but regardless I can see this being done easilly in it. Learn ACS. It is your friend.

* Experiment. Doom Arcade came about by experimentation. The best ideas are the ones that occur through learning what an engine can do and thus knowing how far you can push it. Put in an initial implementation of your idea, see it in action, and then think of what can be done to make it own /newstuff chronicles. It'll come naturally (hopefully).

Well thanks for taking it somewhere else. Well, like you said I wouldn't want people to become confused with the name. >_>

I have learned ACS, it is my friend. :D I hope it'll come naturally, al I have to do is experiment and learn from those tests and then build upon them. That is proving to be simple and easy. Thanks for your advice. ;)

@Kyle: If you can think of any skills you can use to help in making a project like this (IE: Sprites, ACS, Mapping, Music...etc) then please mention them.

EDIT: Sorry Doomer didn't see your post...That sounds like a good name, but it is a tad long isn't it. =/

Everything, really. Scripting I'm not any good with and while I'm an excellent (sp?) vanilla mapper, I'm trying to move up to Boom effects and I don't get most of them or how to implement them. But I'm learning. :/ Music I COULD do... but I don't have a sequencer and my guitar is in peices right now so no can do there. Sprites I can do. Textures and patches, yes. Anything else you wish to know? :D

Sounds like a kickass wad. Where can I find the screenshots of it that you all are talking about?

And as for the plasma marine and such, you could ask XDoom if you could use his plasma marine skin.

Killer9: No screenies, as they look like crap and i've only gotton like 1/5 of my first map done anyway...maybe later after a few months when i actually complete a few maps. >_>

Kyle: Maps is the biggest thing I need help wit hright now, everythign else i'm very good at and can do. All you need to do is submit architecture of a map with some markers (like red skull and red door) so I know where to place things and stuff. I can change textures if need be, but i do need architecture.

DD_133 said:

Sorry Doomer didn't see your post...That sounds like a good name, but it is a tad long isn't it. =/

heh. How many people know the full title for Space Station Omega?

Here goes:

The Gateway Experiments, -OR- Doesn't The Military Ever Learn? Episode One: Space Station Omega.

Long titles don't really matter if people have a nice short name they can reference it by (in this case, it was SSO). People will probably just reference this thing as Twilight Chronicles if you do choose to stick with the name.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Uh, you mean like the textures and stuff you'll go thru and do? Uh... that's weird.

Uh... it is? Well, I have a hard time mapping areas out, I can do excellent scripting and item placment I just have a very hard time with architecture. Is that hard to understand? ;)

Oh, so basicly you want me to make the map, textures, patches, and all, but place no objects and let you do the rest?

I could handle that I guess. :/

Pretty much yes. But you don't need to include any extra graphics. I got enough of those already, and plenty for any theme you can think of. I am a total fruitcake for having people do a map but no items eh? :P

maps he1m2 through he1m6 are avalible. Look on the main site for the theme (you should pick it up from the name.)

I can help out on this. XDoom is sorta on hiatus right now, so I've got alot of free time.

And by the way, there may have been a-many before me (*cough*Shadowrunner*cough*, but I am the #1 retarded at the Doomworld forums. Check the sig.

And, DD_133...

You said:eh

Yeah, which is more than those lazy Canadians ever did for us.
Canada sucks!

Heh, Family Guy owns you.

This is going to Post Hell because of me, isn't it?

This is going to Post Hell because of me, isn't it?

Most likly. T_T

Well anything anyone can contribute would be simply awesome. Ideas for mapping, sprites, graphics, maps, you name it. :) Now that i've gotten my point across, i'll just get back to dwelling on my horribly small map lol.

You think you'll be able to finish The Doom Chroinicles this year if all goes well?

killer9 said:

You think you'll be able to finish The Doom Chroinicles this year if all goes well?

VERY doubtful. More like next year. I got 64 maps to do and i'm the most green newbie at mapping.

However, if I get any help with submissions (send anything to webmaster@megareviews.com) perhaps I could cut that down. To be honest, I don't expect this to be done until late next year. Luckily, everything is out of the way except for maps and the title/credit/intermission screens.

I can help you.... playing this mod. :) Go ahead please!! Im a newbe making maps too, maybe i can help you someday. :)

You can help playing it when it's done hehe.

Well project on hold because Doom builder wants to be gay and cause a ton of errors and then shut down when editing or inserting a Thing.

Thx to Codeimp, DB is working again and now i'm starting on 2 new maps. Not really maps, more like cinematics. If you have ever played any of the Descent games, you'll know the PTMC briefings with the monster info. Same thing is being aplied here. The big cheese talks to you (via texture :p ) about your mission and then you get info on the monsters/marines. (depending on which side you are playin)

What you think? :D

Bump, and the project is taking new direction. I ahve wiped the entire human storyline of a abandoned ship and starting off new, still a space start, but not quite the same and much better IMO. Bloodskull said he might be helping with the mapping process for the project.

That's all updates for now. :D

GooberMan said:

Bumpage

You have no idea how much I hate You.

That's good Nmn, just breed that hate. Nurish it.

[19:55] <Kristus> or something.. I can't think of anything witty right now.

o_O

Wtf? hahahahahaha I replied to the wrong forum!

:-)

Damn, feel free to delete that bullshit.

EDIT: and just look how it fits within this thread :-D

EDIT: and just look how it fits within this thread :-D

I don't like what that implies.