Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Ok so like I wanna do this but dont know how...

Ok so I have my wad well under way I even a cool title pic and music to insert in my levels. I'm going to have an ocean level in it too, now I would like to have nothing but water in the distance, but more importantly than that, I would like mimic the instant water death effect that you see in map17 of the zctfmp2 wad that runs on Zdaemon.
Its just to make the map a little better. Anyone with and idea on how to do those things?

What source port is your wad for?
If you´re using Zdoom you could use Line_horizont to fake the endless ocean easily!
Dunno if this is implemented in Zdeamon though...

ok I probably should have cleared up somethings before I posted. I am completely new to this sort of thing. I just figured out how to
use XWE to import music and pics. So basically you're dealing with an a complete newb when it comes to mapping. You kinda have to take me through it step by step. I use Zdoom to test the maps, Doom Builder to build them, and XWE for all the extra stuff. Sorry about the mix-up thanks for your patience and understanding. Thanks in advanced.

I´ll try my best to explain!
I hope you know a bit about sourceports, otherwise you should do a search for it :P
First of all, when you load your map with doombuilder, check the little box that says "game"!
This specifies the sourceport/Iwad your map is build for,
if you want your map to make use of all the zdoom features choose "zdoom (doom in Hexen format)", for a map with legacy features choose "doom legacy" and so on...

For the features you want to build into your map, you propably do best with making your map in Zdoom format!
To make the ocean seem endless;
select the very outer lines of your water area, right click to edit them.
Pick the box wich says "select action", you´ll see a box with several categorized actions.
Select: Line -> h Line horizon (9).
To make things easier, you just could type in a '9' in the 'linedef action field'.

To achieve the instant death-effect, you´ll propably have to mess with ACS scripting and that would take to much to explain now!

Now thats one long post and you may be more confused than before, so I advice you to visit the official zdoom page (especially the WIKI section) for more detailed informations.
http://www.zdoom.org

Hope this helps a bit ;)

For the instant-death effect, place an "Actor Hits Floor" sector action thing in the sector with the water; one thing is enough, you don't need more than one unless there is more than one sector containing instant-death water. Right click the thing to edit it, click the Effects tab, and change the Thing Action to 73 (Damage). On the right you will see a parameter called "Damage Amount" which is set at 0; do not change this, as 0 damage = instant death. Save, play and jump into the water.

Yes its does and I thank you. I have only been makeing maps in zdoom(doom in doom) :P who knew.