Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Street Fighter doom?

OK I dont know if this is possible, but I once saw a pic of doom with ryu in it and he was punching. Now this might have been a gag, but it was in a 1998 of like EG or something like that. I was wondering if it was possible? I mean I found a web site with all the original SF2 music able to be downloaded. Im even working on a doom level based off of Guiles stage, Im even gonna put in the soundtrack from his level. But could you make a wad where you used punches and kicks and haddokens (ryu's fireball)? I've seen some pretty wacky wads and I believe that it is. Imagine Street Fighter in FPS mode? that would be sweet! Talk to me, see if we might be able to get a project going! I already got the music!

To answer your question, yes, there's plenty of weapons in Doom, Hexen, Heretic, and Strife combined that are melee to have some stuff like that.

To make a comment, if someone DID do this, it would suck hard, unless it was done JUST the right way.

That's a very interesting concept. I had something like that in mind some time ago but it was only a mere idea.
Looking forward for what You can come up with. If You want to see how it feels to fight the opponents bare handed (and having some chance against them) I suggest playing Hexen with the Fighter :-) I personally like it.

sinyx said:

Imagine Street Fighter in FPS mode? that would be sweet!

It'll be hella hard to pull off a hadouken.

Yea I have played hexen with the fighter, one of my resources for thinking this would be a cool idea.

My basic idea would be to mimic the original game as closely as possible. The weapons in my head would be the hardest. Skins and levels would be easy. Weapons would have to be able to be good, I'm think 2 different punches and kicks plus the haddoken, maybe Chun lis lightening kick, and a few others. I would believe that this would have to go through a few beta tests where people play them and we could tweak it a bit. Once the programing is done, the levels would just have to be rearanged to follow easy movement for the fighting.

I can even get the music for each of the 12 origninal levels.
so heres the rough draft:
12 levels, 12 fighter skins, the original soundtrack, and some basic fighter moves alon with some of the trade mark Street fighter special moves. I would love to make a Fighter select screen, but again, that programming out of my realm.

Gokuma made a Mortal Kombat Doom a LONG time ago which I think may be what you saw. I seem to remember one of the screenshots having Ryu doing an uppercut. I can't find it on his page anymore, you might try and PM him about it.

david_a said:

Gokuma made a Mortal Kombat Doom a LONG time ago which I think may be what you saw. I seem to remember one of the screenshots having Ryu doing an uppercut. I can't find it on his page anymore, you might try and PM him about it.

Mortal Kombat Doom

It wouldn't be so hard to do Street Fighter TC for ZDoom if there was a crosshair in the "chase mode" (default on F12 key) and the ability to define a sprite (MD2 - for ZDoomGL) animation for each attack (I think that this has something to do with custom weapons). You know, when you punch, kick (roundkick), summon fireball(s) etc., different animation of the character is played. The same goes for the "hit" and "death" animations (for e.g. punch: step back, kick: fall to the ground etc.)

Custom animations when firing different weapons-for both sprites and models-is not possible to define.
I know because I had the same idea.

Hey, I talked to Gokuma and he uploaded the proper version of it on his GeoCities page:

http://geocities.com/shingokuma/doom/mkombat.zip

Apparently there's a version in the archives, but it's missing Akuma (it wasn't Ryu after all).

I can't check it out at work, but I'm positive this is the WAD that the first poster was talking about.

It sounds pretty lame to me.

However, what would be cool, is a short episode starring Guile, where you mainly use the Fist weapon (with new graphics), against Troopers/Shotgunners/Imps (Shadaloo soldiers, perhaps?), with the occasional Berserk pack, versus larger numbers of said enemies, and some Revenants/Hell Knights (but Revenants would be better), and later in the game, when you'll start fighting numbers of Revenants and the final boss, Bison, you get the Rocket Launcher, perhaps, which would be another arm sprite firing Sonic Booms. Sounds awesome to me.

I uploaded this thing called Gem02 the other week or month, by the way, but the little children running this place forgot to mention it in the Newstuff Chronicles. I made that thing just because I found the SF2 soundtrack on .MID files on the web, and just had to use them for something, since they are that awesome :-)

Another thing, the SS Soldiers would be perfect for some easy Shadaloo soldiers, with some nice colour changes and modifications.

We can team up if I can be the boss.