Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

School shooting

Fredrik said:

Umm, why does it matter whether it sold X copies?

Because out of the millions of copies it sold 2 people (possibly 3 if this guy played) went on rampages. And not neccesarily because of the game either.

IMO the USA should employ some very repetive weapon laws.
Why do someone in NYC needs a fucking gun? He doesnt go hunting in the forest.
Ban all real weapons, if you want fun with weapons try softair. At least you cant seriously harm soneone with softair.

Hehe, shooting soda cans with softair is fun. I shoot things and wont harm somebody. I can even reuse the can as it is not destroyed, now thats something i call recycling! ^.^

This is what happens when people stop treating each other like decent human beings. Someone snaps, kills others. And the parents and victims of said psycho look for something to blame other than THEMSELVES.

Next thing you know Mario will be blamed for kids jumping on each other and eating mushrooms.

Submerge said:

This is what happens when people stop treating each other like decent human beings.

Precisely. To expect human behavior out of someone who is systematically dehumanized is to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Darkhaven said:
GTA = dumb, waste of time, and retarded come to mind

We get it! You don't like GTA!
Bashing a popular game franchise isn't a new doomworld thing, and it was annoying even when it was new.

Bastet Furry said:

Why do someone in NYC needs a fucking gun?

Oh man, do YOU ever live under a rock...

Dodge said:

Oh man, do YOU ever live under a rock...

Yeah, if everyone else has a gun, but imagine nobody exept the cops would have a gun in New York City.
Thats normal, exept a few illegals, in German citys. And how often do you hear of scool shootings over here?
While the Federal Republic exists, we had one, and that was a freeloader of Littleton. (Guttenberg Gynasium Erfurt)
Now tell me, which weapon law is more effective, USA or BRD?

Overheard at work:

"Why do they always shoot themselves at the end of the massacre? why cant they shoot themselves at the start and save everyone a lot of trouble?"

And i also got thinking, since americans still dont want gun laws to be tightened, why dont they just keep them the same but make bullets REALLY expensive, that way they will only be able to afford one (for themselves), while rich, well-off hunters will still be able to afford loads for deer, birds, gay people, rabbits and the like

deathbringer said:

And i also got thinking, since americans still dont want gun laws to be tightened, why dont they just keep them the same but make bullets REALLY expensive, that way they will only be able to afford one (for themselves), while rich, well-off hunters will still be able to afford loads for deer, birds, gay people, rabbits and the like

You can't just "make bullets expensive." There's no way that you can prevent people from selling them for 50 cents apiece.

Also, price fixing is illegal.

deathbringer said:

make bullets REALLY expensive, that way they will only be able to afford one (for themselves), while rich, well-off hunters will still be able to afford loads for deer, birds, gay people, rabbits and the like

OK, Chris Rock.

This will not get the attention that Columbine got simply because it happened on a reservation.

It's bullshit how selective the media is.

Danarchy said:

This might look bad for the Nazis. :(

Why sad? Be happy when the nazis get some pressure! ^.^
I am very happy everytime when the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (Verfassungsschutz) moves some nazis into the prison.

Red Lake MN, about 3 hours from here.

I'm more fed up with thews organizations and talking heads say things like "He wore Black clothes and a trenchcoat" or "He had alot of piercings"

All of these are completely superfluous, it matters none if he wore alot of black or had 300 piercings and a tattoo that said "Born to rue Skool". They're looking for clues and answers in places where they'll find none. I would be willing to wager that most of the mental trauma that he endured that led up to this was due to 3 things... Death of his father by suicide and mental incapacitation of his mother, Moving back to a school with no friends, and likely being picked on in school for his appearance.

Lay off the sterotypes and look for real reasons why events like this occur and they might get somewhere with this.

For the record, asking why anyone would need to carry a gun in New York City is like asking why anyone would need to wear a heavy jacket in Antarctica.

The US government doesn't give a fuck about the native Americans. They were hunted during the "wild west" times, and now they're just sweeped under a fucking rug. This kid was obviously troubled and had major issues. I firmly believe the Prozac was a major contributing factor to this shooting. Prozac can have extreme adverse reactions in some people, and today's doctors see pharmaceuticals as the only means to treat a depressed person.

Antidepressants really fuck you up. They make you feel like a totaly different person, and not in a good way, which ultimately makes you even more depressed. Because of my experiences with them, I refuse to take any long-term perscription meds ever again.

Bastet Furry said:

Yeah, if everyone else has a gun, but imagine nobody exept the cops would have a gun in New York City.

Well, I mean it's not like this kid's grandfather was a cop whom he stole the gun from after killing him.

Oh wait...

Ralphis said:

Well, I mean it's not like this kid's grandfather was a cop whom he stole the gun from after killing him.

Oh wait...

There is always a hole, but it would reduce overall death by shooting.
And then you would need some population education. I have learnt from my father that i risk being killed when i draw a weapon.
And the US people would need such wise words as ads, like using a condome when sleeping with someone else.

Bastet Furry said:

... I have learnt from my father that i risk being killed when i draw a weapon...

Seems a rather strict approach to someone just drawing pictures.

here in sweden i saw small 10 line article about this...
i guess everyone else is getting pretty used to that american students shoot eachother..

Combine said:

i guess everyone else is getting pretty used to that american students shoot eachother..

Should be the new national sport.