Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDemonHunter

Need Tips for New Weapons!!!

Im workin on a new weapons mod and I cant think of much, lol. So if u could just tell me sum weapons to put in it, u have to explain wut the weapon is tho. so thx so far I know it will have an updated Plasma Rifle and maybe a burst rifle...

Weapon mods are pretty tired these days, so your best is to either make one with A) really cool, original, far-out and fun to use weapons or B) pretty normal weapons but excellent weapon and ammo balancing.

You could of course, combine the two for best effect. Also, with weapon mods, effect enhancing is a plus(blood effects, puff effects, scenery effects, etc.), just to add a little more to the experience.

well M1s arent a really good DM weapon and they wouldnt be very fun seeing as they would be semi auto.... and i want atleast sum authenticity meaning it has to be sumwut futuristic...but u just gave me an idea, how about a precision rifle? like a sniper rifle without a scope... i dunno ill think about making SUMTHING like an m1...

Take your mod to the Doom Armory; you'll be guaranteed an audience, unlike Doomworld, where there aren't many people who will play weapon mods.

Aside from the blatant spamvertisment, I'd suggest that you put in a good machine-pistol or sub machine gun, because assault rifles and miniguns are getting old. And avoid the Uzi.

Ok so far I have the ideas for an updated Plasma Rifle, a Grenade Launcher, a Precision Rifle, and maybe an M1, or sumthing like it, semi auto and kinda quiet so yeaz... I need to list em out too so I can look back here and not forget hehe...

Plasma Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Precision Rifle
M1 type weapon

A spelling and grammar cannon, you look like you could use one.

Here's what I'd like to put in my own project:
P.A.A.W (personal anti armor weapon) = fires 4 rockets that lazily home in on enemies. takes fucking forever to reload.
Overdrive plasma rifle = twice the damage, twice the firing rate, triple the ammo
Burst fire plasma rifle = shoots quick streams of 3 plasma bolts, but it requires a moment between shots like the shotgun
Hex gun = fires a single strong plasma bolt (maybe a spread) that passes through enemies
Flak gun = a weapon that fires SSG bursts like a chaingun, but takes time to spin up and spin down.
Linear pistol = A pistol that fires precise bursts of 3 bullets. excellent sniper weapon, considering all 3 shots hit the same exact point.

I'd need edge for this crap, wouldn't I?

/me grumbles and waits for the next ZDoom

Submerge said:

I'd need edge for this crap, wouldn't I?

/me grumbles and waits for the next ZDoom

All of those except for the flak gun (and the P.A.A.W if you don't use dehsupp) can already be done with ZDoom, as long as you don't mind getting rid of the old weapons.

I'd like to see an AOL disc launcher. "Free ammo in the mail... might as well use it"

zarkyb said:

A spelling and grammar cannon, you look like you could use one.

Zarkyb wut is ur problem, u like to start arguements dont u, u dont gotta be so critical. U need a attitude adjustment guy.

And for evry1 else thx for the ideas. Plasma Shotgun sounds pretty good. I dont think Ill need the PAAW. OverDrive Plasma I dont think will be good for DM cuz the normal Plasma already kicks ass with enough shots. Hex gun is a maybe. Flak Gun would be way too powerful for DM. I like normal SSG because its like InstaGib for me and im good with InstaGib. If ppl are goin around with a rapid fire SSG its gonna be very very hard. I belive in challenge but not impossible. Nailgun is already a product of Quake and there are Quake mods for doom. Besides the nailgun doesnt seem like a DOOM type weapon. DOOM type weapons are kinds of weapons that sound like they would be issued by an organization. Wuts a Generic Projectile weapon?? Machette seems like a good weapon.

Also Im workin on another weapons mod to go with a mega wad for doom2. Its a Midevil type theme. Kinda like Hexen and Heretic. Not exactly like it but... anywayz giv me ideas 4 some weapons. so far i got...
Fist becomes Sword
Chainsaw becomes Energy Rod
Pistol becomes Bow
Shotgun becomes Multi-Arrow
SSG becomes Crossbow
Chaingun becomes Siesmic Charge
Rocket Launcher becomes Flaming Chaos
Plasma Rifle Becomes Dark Energy
BFG becomes Apocoloypse Spell
I may have some more weapons if I get good enough suggestions. k thx bye

Um....dude...our "Perfect grammer and shit" is uh...how to put this...helpful. Your "Crappy grammer and shit" isn't helping that much, half of your stuff I had to feed into the "n00bish translater" just to understand, and dude, if you're going to ask strangers for stuff, don't demand...! And as for the weapons, You should get some sort of "Hive Grenade" launcher, it shoots a big grenade that breaks into smaller, less-powerful grenades if it hits the ground, and it could have a secondary fire in which the hive grenade could be shot at a target and detonate on impact,=Lotta Hurt. Just my two bits.

We're not giving this thread BS. We're trying to help you. Divine Intervention had some weird stuff in it, like the flaming guitar and voodoo doll, and stuff like that is what made it such an amazing mod, so I don't see why you can't use anything abnormal for a weapon either. I had a great idea for that medieval megawad thing, but the idea would probably get shrugged off as "BS" anyway, and besides, I'm working on a medieval megawad too.

Xeno im not talkin about u im talkin about zarkyb and blackfish. And as for abnormal weapons.. in my first mod im having just new weapons that would sound like they are issued by an organization.

dude i think u should make a weapon that fires lol at people, lol

How about you make gun like the Tranquilzer from Perfect Dark? That could be an interesting gun for deathmatches. When someone gets shot with it, their vision gets blurry, so you can run from them or something.

I just realized that I have NO clue what CyberDemonHunter has been talking about. Had he used proper punctuation and grammar, I would have understood him. This is not AOL pre-teen chat.

Anyway, howabout ripsaw launcher, like from redneck rampage?

CyberDemonHunter said:

omg stop givin this thread BS and u guyz gotta stop bein nerds with ur perfect grammer and shit.

Quoted for the ages.

That handy Doomworld FAQ said:

Please try to spell properly, and do not post in ghetto talk, ha><0r lingo, ALLCAPS, or CrAZy CApS. Doing so makes your posts unnecessarily hard to read, and it is inconsiderate toward the users who do not speak English as their first language, so it may confuse them as well. It also makes you look like a moron.