Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Doom RPG Forum?

Hey, I was wondering, what do you think of a Doom RPG forum? Like, you would join one of the sides, the UAC-Marines (recently reformed) or, of course, the demons, and you would role play as such. Would you be interested? Would you be interested in helping with the project? The story could use some work, but, I think that if enough people liked the idea it could work out, I'd personally be a Cacodemon myself, but the marines are cool too...Feedback?

Well, I'd need an admin team, anyone who wants to join really, it's just I need at least 5 admins, and at least that many moderators.

Um, what.
Can you explain in further detail what you're talking about, for those us of who don't like to pretend we're demons or space marines?

Comiclez said:

Well, I'd need an admin team, anyone who wants to join really, it's just I need at least 5 admins, and at least that many moderators.

comiclez, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

it just had to be done.

Screenshots? I don't think you know what I'm talking about...I mean role play, like through a forum, and it would just be a little on the side, for the more...um...creative doomers out there, anyone who's written a fanfic would probably like it, but basically, the role play is like writing a story with no determined characters or outcomes, and possibly no ending, for new things arise, does that brighten your view a bit?

It takes a while for anybody to notice, but there is a brown-haired man leaning against the wall, wearing a black three-piece suit and sunglasses. He seems to be watching the conversation from afar. At some point, he stops leaning on the wall and slips his leather-gloved hand inside his suit jacket to reach for his Walther P-38.

"Shame that it's come to this," he says darkly, cocking the slide on his pistol, "but I'm afraid this conversation has gone too far."

I'd be interested, most certainly. If you want to go ahead and set the forum up yourself, look into InvisionFree.

I was thinking just that Weasel,

Macpherson was a pleasant man, but this was all a deception, for underneath the quiet gentleman's mask, he was much more than he seemed. Macpherson was a thief, he was born a thief, raised a thief, and loved being a thief, but that did not mean that he is not ruthless. And so, as he stood over the corpse, thoughts rushed through his mind, and as he looked down at the purse, cleanly cut from his belt, and the knife, cleanly thrust into his heart, Macpherson knew, he was in trouble...

Muhuhahaha!

Amidst the bodies of the fallen, I advance. I hear the screams and groans of my brethren as they fall to the foul creatures around us. Then, suddenly, I am surrounded by four of them. I grunt as they attack me...

(/roll 20 = 17)

I fire my weapons and kill them all.

For I, Hectebus, am CHAMPION!

- Gio

Not exactally...I dont exactally believe in "rolls" but, you're on the right track...

This would work much better as a REAL table-top role-playing game (like a d20 Modern mod or something). If you ask me, you need to have real-time interaction for it to be a true RP experience.

That being said, if you STILL want stuff figured out on a technical aspect, I wouldn't mind doing anything, or modding for that matter. I'm into that RPG stuff (D&D and such; great game).

Tis, and It would be pretty cool, I'm just looking for *possible* helpers, PM me if you are interested.

We COULD use the doom:the next chapter rules.
they are actually pretty good and open. but forum based rps never really worked out as far as i know. maybe an irc thing?

I didn't think of that, but, that is an excellent idea! mIRC? What would you use?

I am ********ly interested in this. I love role-playing though it has been a while since I have played any pen and paper games. In the last year or two my friends and I have switched to story based experience without the dice. It suprisingly works well. I like the sotry better than the traditional aspects of leveling and numbers. Some what odd since I am a mathematician. All said I would be intersted, and I have a friend I think would be up for some doom role playing. I'll check with my friend, but you can count me in for sure.

Comiclez said:

ummm...you posted a thread instead of a reply...

Theeads merged. Please try to click on the right buttons.

heh. plasma rifle: Roll (1d12)d6 for damage :P D12 represents number of shots in the burst that actually hit your target

Fine! I'm not much for table top games myself, but not that I have a problem with them, but I enjoy free form Role Play more...

You can probably find an IRC bot to do dice rolls and such. If not, it'd be easy to make one.

I'm a big fan of tabletop RPGs, this sounds interesting.

>You see: a Hobo, several buildings of uselessness
>Possible exits: n, e, s
>What do you do?
>>use Grenade : Hobo
>Xenophon rolls Grenade towards the Hobo.
>Hobo dives on top of Grenade.
>BOOM! Hobo was critically hit for 134 damage and was gibbed.
>You gained 50 exp! Exp required for next level: 1287
>_

I've always preferred freeform roleplaying, mostly because my characters rarely do combat (when they do, it's one-sided, like if someone were to be executed on the spot).

Freeform = suck. I mean, it's not much different than running around saying you are a knight as a kid and fighting "dragons" which happen to be in your backyard. The combat and such makes it much more realistic and believable.

Also, IRC is a great idea. If I can find a good dice rolling script (mIRC's random number generator sucks) then I'll figure out things like demon stats and such. I'll post here when it's all done.

Freeform doesn't suck, godmodders do, and I try to sway away from combat in freeform, because if you are roleplaying with a powerplayer or godmodder, than the fight never ends, and gets old fast, but IRC, I believe, too is a great idea, and a dice rolling script would be cool, if you could make one.

A Doom RPG would be the gayest thing ever.

Unless I was running and we were using the Call of Cthulhu sanity rules.

First of all, I asked for feedback not FLAMES, and second, If you're interested, could you please elaborate on your message? I'm not familier with the Call of Cthulhu, and what do you mean by "if I was running" like a moderater, admin, please, tell me more.

Linguica said:

Linguica casts MAGIC FIREBALL for 8 points of damage!

LMFAO. That's just about the funniest damned thing I've heard all day.

*walks away still snickering*
he heh hehe he...