Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MethoD_

Kama Sutra Final version

We decided to release the last version. I can't say if it's totally bugfree because many HOMs stayed there, but there should be no gameplay bugs on all skills and on coop.
You can download it here:
http://ksutra-n.wz.cz/ksfinal.zip

For recording demos please use this version. We have even some initial demos for the previous version, they survived, you can find them here:
http://ksutra-n.wz.cz

And if you record some demo you can send it to
sagvant@seznam.cz

All demos are welcomed!

See ya at KS2 :)

Method & Gusta

The download keeps conking out on me part way through.

Any chance this will be uploaded to the archive some time soon?

It was, but it conked out while uploading to the archives and so it got rejected.

Looks like it happened while uploading it to your site too, since it screws up about halfway through the download for me too. Could you try re-uploading it please, I really enjoyed the first release.

Xenophon said:

It was, but it conked out while uploading to the archives and so it got rejected.

That was the initial release (see the date and filename in the REJECTS file), and it was subsequently uploaded successfully. There's no sign that an attempt has been made to upload ksfinal.zip.

I'm currently trying to get it using a download manager, but it's heavy going, with the connection being lost many times.
Edit: successfully downloaded in the end. More than 60 lost connections along the way, so no wonder I had no luck without the help of a DL manager.

I'm recruiting help from Bahdko and getting a link set up at doom2.net.

Grazza said:

The download keeps conking out on me part way through.

Any chance this will be uploaded to the archive some time soon?

Don't feel bad. I had one heck of a time trying to download it as well. Somehow got it downloaded though.

That being said, I really like what I see so far. Levels look nice and are quite challenging on UV. I'm up to map10 now.

Well, I would have been past map10 had it not been for a surprise cyber at a switch just after YSK door. Got a rocket planted in my face thanks to it. Ouch :).

SWEET!

Had a pretty good demo going for map31... Cleared out everything but the monsters in the blue key room :( Damn cyberdemon managed to force feed me a rocket...

Yeah, that really, really sucked.

ragnew said:

SWEET!

Had a pretty good demo going for map31... Cleared out everything but the monsters in the blue key room :( Damn cyberdemon managed to force feed me a rocket...

Yeah, that really, really sucked. If anyone would like to see it let me know. Maybe it'll give them some good ideas. I'll try it again a bit later.

Heh, don't feel bad. I'm trying to record a UV-Max for map32 and I end up eating a cyberdemon rocket in one way or another, which leads to much swearing in my head ^_^. I will get a demo for this level...eventually :).

Anima Zero said:

Heh, don't feel bad. I'm trying to record a UV-Max for map32 and I end up eating a cyberdemon rocket in one way or another, which leads to much swearing in my head ^_^. I will get a demo for this level...eventually :).

Hehe, very true Anima... Geez, I really wish the swearing I was doing was all in my head. Hmmm, maybe it's time to take a break. Keep us posted with your map32 max. That'd be a good one to watch.

Awesome, and congrats! This is truely a great megawad - up there in the ranks with the likes of Alien Vendetta and co.

Good job!

ragnew said:

Hehe, very true Anima... Geez, I really wish the swearing I was doing was all in my head. Hmmm, maybe it's time to take a break. Keep us posted with your map32 max. That'd be a good one to watch.

^_^ And the update is...

Well, after I got offline last night, I still felt like attempting map32. After about 20 minutes of attempts...I finally got through it in one piece.

Time for the demo is 5:52. There's some room for improvement on that one since I wasted a couple BFG shots. Going to send it to the email address above for now, but...

Think we should start a demopack thread in the Demos forum? I wanted to do that yesterday, but wasn't quite sure if it should be made.

Anima Zero said:

Think we should start a demopack thread in the Demos forum?

Yes, it certainly makes sense to have a KS demos thread. The KS team appear to be organizing a demopack (though AFAIK they haven't yet announced rules or a schedule). Anyway, a thread here for the discussion of KS demo progress can't do the venture any harm.

Grazza said:

Yes, it certainly makes sense to have a KS demos thread. The KS team appear to be organizing a demopack (though AFAIK they haven't yet announced rules or a schedule). Anyway, a thread here for the discussion of KS demo progress can't do the venture any harm.

Alrighty, then I'm going to go make that thread now.

Alrighty just finished my map31 demo, and sent it off to Gusta and Method.

The time was 22:04. Fun map indeed, ate some more cyber rockets, but luckily they didn't kill me this time.

Wohoo, that sounds well, I have never completed these maps with one try. I sent some my initial demos too :)

Ks06-530
Ks12-326
Ks21-414

The site is recently maintained by Dobberman, so I sent all received demos to him. Thanks for all of them I am looking forward the watching.