Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Wad to Pee Dee Eff

Jussi Pakkanen let us know that he's released a new version of his WAD2PDF utility. What's new? Well, apparently this version is 30-50 times faster, some bugs were fixed, and some new features added. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you which features are new, because they are not mentioned.

fp

Good job, this should come in handy to anyone wanting to show off their maps and a definite break from the same old DB layout screenshots.

Kochipahk said:

How the hell do you run that thing?

The readme.txt file has instructions. Basically you have to run it (and glbsp) with the command line interpreter.

So why is there not a fancy GUI thingamajig you ask? Because I use Windows very little and program on it even less. If someone wants to do a launcher for Wad2PDF, I (and many users) would be most pleased.

Would incorperating sector light levels into the next version be too much of a headache? This is a neat utility, but the ability to see a beam of light cast across a dark room would be even neater.

AlexMax said:

Would incorperating sector light levels into the next version be too much of a headache?

I've been thinking about it. Due to the way PDF works I'd probably have to fake it by drawing black partially transparent blobs on top of the subsectors. It is either quite simple or maddeningly hard, depending on the drawing model. We'll see.

BTW the next version will most likely support Strife. (which should be good news for all the five people in the world who have played Strife)

Pate said:

BTW the next version will most likely support Strife. (which should be good news for all the five people in the world who have played Strife)

Make that six!

Sign in to follow this