Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Sleep deprivation

Seeing as how I'm about to pass out, I figured this poll might be appropriate. What's the longest stretch you've gone without sleep? (No naps, either.)

Somewhere between 40 and 50 for me. I usually accomplish that a few times during the summer and maybe over Christmas break or something...

Lately, I've been suffering a bit of insomnia. I'm only in high school, but remember, I go to that rich bitch school where the EASIEST stuff is about basic college work.

Lately, I've been suffering a bit of insomnia. I'm only in high school, but remember, I go to that rich bitch school where the EASIEST stuff is about basic college work.

Hah, my classes are easy and I still can't get an A...maybe I should start trying soon. Hmm. Oh well.

80 hours, pure torture. I fell asleep standing up and woke up as I hit the floor, crawled to a corner of the room and slept there for god knows how long. Hadn't eaten much either, about 3 hamburgers in those 80 hours.

80 hours, pure torture. I fell asleep standing up and woke up as I hit the floor, crawled to a corner of the room and slept there for god knows how long. Hadn't eaten much either, about 3 hamburgers in those 80 hours.

Holy fuck, are you like someone's slave or something? How/why would you do that????

Probably a LAN party. :)

I have a friend (who btw is so lazy) that fell asleep *just* when he has descending from the bus. Of course, he awoke as soon as he hit the paviment but came without any scratches. ^_^

hmm unlike you people I sleep around 12-14 hours on the weekends. Only time I sacrifice my sleeping hours is to get out of the house, which doesn't happen frequently =\

hmm unlike you people I sleep around 12-14 hours on the weekends. Only time I sacrifice my sleeping hours is to get out of the house, which doesn't happen frequently =\

Heh, I actually got 10 hours of sleep last night. My most in about 3 months. ph33r m3.

The longest I ever stayed up for was a bout 24 hours...woke up at 6, went to a Boy Scout Lock-In that night, stayed up until 7:30 watching Monty Python and Mr. Bean, and playing Donkey Knog Country and Clay Fighters. It was at 7:30 that I took a 15 minute nap. I didn't sleep again until that night. Wow...I was like a zombie all day. I usualy only get about 6 hours of sleep per day, and it doesn't seem to phase me. It's really funny, but the people at my school have bragging matches about how LITTLE sleep they got last weekend, how MUCH caffine they consumed, how FUCKED UP they got on X, etc. Bores the Hell outa me...

Of cours these are just the people in my Hacky-Sack circle, and those are some seriously mental ill people, I swear.

Heh, I went one time wtih sleep for like 22 hours....it was the day when I first got my PlayStation....I didn't move from my chair whilst perusing the damned contraption, and I didn't hardly eat or drink.

The 80 hours was during a Magic(tm) and RPG convention.
Other times with little sleep:

playing final fantasy VI for the first time, about 40 hours awake.

playing civilization from the start to 1965 (got 460% on emperor), after that some pollution bug stopped my progress.
About 40 hours awake.

Various movie/rpg nights/days with my friends, at most maybe 35 hours awake.

Diablo2 LAN party this summer (btw, Diablo2 sucks)
Don't know the exact numbers here, but we slept about every other night, so maybe 40 hours awake at the worst times. And this was like 2 weeks in a row...

To sum it up, I think I should get some sleep now...

(btw, Diablo2 sucks)

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Diablo 2 is an excellent game that kept me away from Doom for atleast 3 months.

(btw, Diablo2 sucks)

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Diablo 2 is an excellent game that kept me away from Doom for atleast 3 months.

The reason why it sucks is not that it's a bad game really, more that it is too addictive and it makes you forget about much more important things in your life.

One of my friends just had a relapse and I pity him...

That's also another reason why I like it. Fuck the world Diablo 2 is more important.

That's also another reason why I like it. Fuck the world Diablo 2 is more important.

o....k.... have a good life...