Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Anyone know of good webhosting?

Either for free with a filesize limit of several megs (don't laugh) or with an affordable (30 bucks or less) registration/entry fee. I won't pay monthly.

My NXN site is hosted by brinkster.com 30 mb free, no adds or pop-ups requiered on top of the page. Only thing I don't like is their File Manager, wish they had FTP.

f2s

Last I've heard they disabled their sign up shit.

Really? I guess I'm lucky then...

Welcome to the Freedom2surf signup page!
Sorry - Our free webservers are currently full

Guess you're right.

Filesize is what I'm worried about. Most free hosts put a filesize limit of around 500kb on their hosted sites.

You can always make a server yourself, if you have a static IP.

And if your ISP allows it, most of which won't.

Welcome to the Freedom2surf signup page!
Sorry - Our free webservers are currently full

Guess you're right.

Thank God they did that instead of being like NBCi and everybody else, letting people in until the servers all had to be shut down.

so I'm guessing you have to request to be hosted and it's up to them to decide if you are or aren't. I'm guessing the webpage has to be related to cgi. Hmm, intresting.

btw, what do you want it for, Liam?

Nothing much but a homepage, place to display my writing/modding work. The filesize limit is just for some larger files I plan on uploading, like doom/heretic maps.

You can always make a server yourself, if you have a static IP.

And if your ISP allows it, most of which won't.

Yeah, Most ISPs doesn't allow that, but most of those are just saying that; not doing anything if you actually do put up a server. There's really quite hard to define what a server is from that POV anyway. So just run a server until they slap your wrist ;)