Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doomsick

par time

There's a whole breed of Doomers who's only time is spent playing against the par time :) They hang around at comp-N

par time

/me brings out the golf clubs

I've actually beaten some of the par times in Doom/2. Not that hard with cheats:P

Not that hard with cheats:P

No shit, IDCLIP and just go to the exit... where the hell is the challange?

You can still get killed you fool.

only a DUMBASS could get killed in idclip. For the love of god you can go around the entire map so the monsters don't even see you. You'd have to be begging to get killed with IDCLIP on if you wanted to die. So look whose the fool now.

Par times are fun to try every once in a while. Most of them are perfectly beatable.

Yeah, right. The Marine is so goddamn fast he could just trace a line between the start point and the end switch and not get killed.

The par time is a strange beast. I tried to beat them on Ultimate Doom with not much success at all.

Then I try beating the game on nightmare -- beating 3/4 of the pars while I do it.

Now I can beat around 90% of them.

It's a target worth aiming for -- it's fun.

Yes after getting 100% on everything on all of the maps it's a fun new challange to accomplish.

What is par time ?

Par time is the time on the bottom of the tally screen at the end of each level. There's your time, and the par time. Technically the par time is the fastest you should get the level done without worrying about secrets, items, enemies, etc.

Unfortunately, par times aren't changed in megawads, so some of them are impossible to reach without cheating.

Unfortunately, par times aren't changed in megawads, so some of them are impossible to reach without cheating.

Some of them are impossible to beat WITH cheating. Some of them are beatable even by...ehm... doomboy :P

DiSTURBED, you sorry basrad, I'll let it be known that I've beaten ALL of the par times in Ep1 of UDoom and nearly all of Ep2's. I made to E2M6 I think last night.

DiSTURBED, you sorry basrad, I'll let it be known that I've beaten ALL of the par times in Ep1 of UDoom and nearly all of Ep2's. I made to E2M6 I think last night.

In UDoom, yes. We're talking megawads and map replacements here.

I've never even tried to beat the par times. I just don't know the maps that well.

basrad

I love that stuff! Basrad is the best fucking bread in the world. Of course it's only found in boxes of Lucky Charms ceral, but hey it's well worth it.

oh BTW: I'm JUST MESSING with you Doomboy! ;)

EDIT: Hell, even I can't spell, see?

ceral

SCBC