Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

New Map: Temple of Tehwin

New Serious-Sam inspired map, meaning a bazillion monsters and one bazillion monster traps. The pic above is the only thing totally presentable at the moment, and it needs a can of Doom Builder texture alignment. Comments?

EDIT: Putting "TEHWIN" in the map name does not mean its a joke wad.

Tormentor667 said:

More brown and beige textures, less white textures, more egyptian style and I like it :)

While I agree that it could use a bit of color, temple != egyptian style. I say be creative with it, see what you can come up with.

Lovin' it, lovin' egyptian maps. I'd only say-get a new sky, blue background and white clouds (the one from latest Kaiser_17 should work pretty well).

I agree with Nmn in regards to the sky.

As for the white textures. I think they look good but a nice custom flat for the outside 'plaza' area would look way better methinks. Only because that particular flat always seemed more like a tech style of tiled floor IMHO.

Anyhow keep up the good work. :D

I can just double Doom Dude when i see the flat. Make one yourself, rip it from Serious or somewhere else but do something about it ;)

If you have all the textures white, make the sky some other color.

Also I hope it has atleast 500 monsters ;P

I already changed the sky to a blue/clouds sky as suggested. There are also already three monster invasions. In about six rooms.

Wouldn't true Serious Sam style mean at least eighteen monster invasions in about six rooms? :P

In regards to the beige and brown, I think the white/light grey is fresher (IMO). Let's face it: Doom is all about some brown. I like it and am looking forward to it. Pixtya of new sky for us?

It ********ly looks more Serious-Sammy now. I think it works better for what you're doing. But yeah, see if you cant clean up the sky, or find one that doesn't look so pixilated. Awesome. Keep us posted.

EDIT: Why the hell is it doing that? ^
Every time I go to edit and change ********ly back, it makes it all full of asterixes again.

EDIT2 Aww fuck it. d e f i n a t e l y. there.

It's spelt definitely.

And I do like the white motif, all the brown drives me nuts after a while. You've got enough browns in the form of the dirt and trees; work with some other highlights, perhaps red/yellow borderings across the top or bottom of some of the main building walls.