Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davey Yungblud

Project: Death's Door

Hey Y'all, just letting anyone who wants to know know that I have started working on my megawad project:Death's Door again.I am still using WadAuthor,but I have recently found out why my Zdoom specs aren't working for WA, so I will be going back and remaking my old maps with new Zdoom specific effects. By the way, could anyone tell me how to get sectors above sectors working and slopes?

Davey Yungblud, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done. ;)

I would advise you to learn each aspect of the editing you want to cover in your project before you go implementing them on a first hand attempt. Also, unless you are referring to portals (stacked sectors), true sector over secctor isn't possible. To find out how to use these and slopes, search/browse the ZDoom forums and Wiki.

ZDoom has portal effects for room over room, but I strongly advise against using them, as they are a really unstable hack and can cause errors such as random lockups. For now just live with no room over room.

And you will need a better editor if you plan to edit ZDoom. I suggest doombuilder.com]Doom Bulder, sbsoftware.com]DeePsea (shareware but gooood), or ZETH (DOS, windows port coming).

EarthQuake said:

<Davey Yungblud newproject tag>

Every time I see the Newproject tag used, it reminds me of some evil law enforcement robot about to arrest somebody. "Davey Yungblud, you are under arrest for seven counts of larceny..."

fyi, I'm not going to have any of my maps available for download "till it's done".As for Screenshots, those may become available on my website as soon as i get to updating it.
And, I have found a .wcf file that will change WadAuthor so that it can edit zdoom levels and make new ones from scratch. (i may be repeating myself,but this is for anyone who didn't understand. Hint hint:MASTEROFDEATH)

Well, I'm back to needing the assistance of the public. Could anyone tell me how to get a polyobject to work in Zdoom (doom in Hexen Mode) or send me a link to a tutorial of it? thanks